Idea Prepaid Data Recharges now have Carry Forward feature

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
For last few days there are banners about Idea 3G Prepaid data balance carry forward to next month. If we recharge before validity is over, remaining data is supposedly carry forward till next validity date.

I have not tried it yet.

Below link is of epaper of our local newspaper of 01-04-2015 which has Idea advert on 1st page about data carry forward (in Marathi).

http://epaper.esakal.com/Sakal/1Apr2015/Enlarge/PuneCity/index.htm

For Delhi I can say,
Airtel, voda, reliance, idea support it.
Mtnl don't. Aircel never tried.

Idea 3G Prepaid Mobile packs for Delhi and NCR Region

On 3G limited volume recharges customer can now carry forward the remaining data balance by recharging with another 3G limited volume recharge before expiry of first recharge. In case of carry forward, customer will get the remaining validity of first recharge or validity of new recharge, whichever is higher. This facility to carry forward data on select recharges is available in Kerala, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Haryana, UP West, Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Delhi, Punjab, and Karnataka.

I am guessing this is a pretty good feature to have access to. I would have wasted 200MB.

ahVssbU.png

Yes.....this is really good!
How has been your experience with idea till now?

So I set reminder in Calendar of all such recharges in my mobile. My Lumia will keep displaying recharge due on screen 🙂

i usually go through long periods when i do not need cellular data. so it's alright 😛
would probably recharge for a longer period when i have to go out for longer period in the coming days.
recharging for 10 days was a stupid idea with this scheme in place 😀

i do not have that much usage. but i guess it might be worth going for. would have definitely gone for it if i was not rotting in the basement of the house where i cannot use 3g as backup instead of airtel.

And they have fucked it up.

#On select 3G limited volume recharges with up to 1GB data benefit, customer can now carry forward the remaining data balance by recharging with another 3G limited volume recharge only up to 1GB data benefit before expiry of first recharge. In case of carry forward, customer will get the remaining validity of first recharge or validity of new recharge, whichever is higher. Carry forward facility is not available on 3G limited volume recharges with higher than 1GB data benefit, on 3G unlimited volume pack, on 2G limited/unlimited volume pack recharge and will result in losing existing data balance. This facility to carry forward data on select recharges is available in Kerala, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Haryana, UP West, Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Delhi, Punjab, and Karnataka.