Samsung Wallet Updates

do post about how retail store people react to you paying using a phone on their credit card machines lol.

I got to use it today. I asked this guy in the cafeteria to give me the swiping machine so that I can test Samsung Pay. He was reluctant in the beginning and was trying to tell me, this swiping machine doesn't work with mobile. After a brief discussion he was ready to try it. Just opened the app, held it close to the swiping machine and swiping machine recognized my card details immediately. I was happy to see it working live 🙂 This guy who didn't want to try to begin with got very curios and started asking too many questions and he was also happy at the end to see that he doesn't have to swipe all the time if more people pay using Samsung Pay 😛

Looks like, initially, every one will be in denial about this feature to work. It may take some time to convince the people but as and when more people know about it, that initial hiccups won't be there.

Overall happy that it worked just fine as advertised without any issues.

good to hear. i wonder if third party attachments could bring this feature to devices lacking the hardware component.

i mean i have no idea how android pay or Apple pay works and whether they would work on regular machines here in india. samsung did it the proper way and it's great news for owners of capable samsung devices 😀

yup. this is why i think they are not going to launch till bharatqr comes. i still cannot find any store or restaurant locally that has nfc machine. or the billing guy ignores the feature and use my card regularly on it.

should check the icici bank list again and try more places lol

Just read about it a bit more. So Samsung devices that are Samsung Pay compatible has a separate hardware for MST support (a MST coil just like NFC coil). Or maybe the NFC coil is utilized for MST too.

i mean seriously. this feature is more useful than infrared or wireless charging. practical. you no longer have to give someone your physical card for making payments! you can in fact leave them at home in a locker!