Major Airtel 4G issue: No internet while on voice call

@chromaniac in 2g edge, the data connection will be put on hold when voice call is active [ditto for evdo, even though that's like 3g version of CDMA]. So when fallback on 2g, no internet. But in Delhi Airtel has got 3g, right?

You can enjoy both voice and data when fallback on 3g. Tested with my k3 note yesterday on Chennai

If this is true- it's a serious flaw. Just reminded me of the limitaion of the 2g dual SIM phone- where you had to divert the voice calls to your other number. Pathetic i would say. Was on the fence to move to Airtel 4g but after this discussion, am contemplation to stay with RCOM
yes WHILE browsing internet on 4G network, callers get busy tone (same like we get on cdma 1X), evn i tried calling my no, out of 5 times 3 times got busy tone,
lodged complain but CC executive have no clue, i think there network is still in testing mode, will improve with time.

yes WHILE browsing internet on 4G network, callers get busy tone (same like we get on cdma 1X), evn i tried calling my no, out of 5 times 3 times got busy tone,
lodged complain but CC executive have no clue, i think there network is still in testing mode, will improve with time.

Does switching to LTE+WCDMA only mode in phone Field test help? In that case the phone will fall back to 3G mode during a call

No incoming voice call while browsing internet on Airtel 4G is major issue then no internet while having voice call.

Does switching to LTE+WCDMA only mode in phone Field test help? In that case the phone will fall back to 3G mode during a call

i have kept my phone on Lte preferred mode its same like wcdma preferred mode on 3g phones.

When I keep my phone on LTE only mode i don't get any incoming calls, callers get busy tone coz i think phone calls on 4g is not available right now,

but even after keeping my phone on LTE preferred mode , someone if calls me get busy tone 50% of times, sometimes I am able to get incoming calls and some time not, and sometimes caller even don't get any response ,

ideally it should switch to 3G network , and it does switch but still there is a problem I think its temporary problem .

now I keep my phone on 2g only mode and its working fine and only switch to 4g mode whenever I need to browse internet.

one more thing while roaming in non 4g circle...your phone willswitch to 2g mode bypassing 3g, evn if 3g network is available.

in my phone its LTE preferred mode , its same like LTE/WDCMA mode
Just enter *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer- this will take you to field test mode- select phone info option and scroll down to preferred network type (it's a dropdown). Select LTE/WDCMA from the list.