D-Link DSL-502T Firmware Glitch

• Thread starter Thread starter agnivo007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 23,303
A

agnivo007

Hello Guys,This thread is to make you known that the D-Link DSL-502T and many other models of the same category are having a serious Firmware Glitch which renders the Router unusable.The problem occurs when the user tries to save settings and reboot the router from the web management interface [ 192.168.1.1 by default ]. 1. The LEDs hang-up2. The browser stops responding and the page does not refresh. 3. If the device is switched off and then back on again, only the power LED remains on [ the router dosen't boot at all ] !4. The Hard Reset microswitch dosen't reset the router to factory condition.It is not known on which attempt the problem will arise, its unpredictable !The only way is to get the router repaired/replaced from the local D-Link Service Centre. I have got it replaced 2 times and its really harassing and inconvinient. :angry😛lease post ur comments and your Firmware Version.My Firmware Version :ADSL Firmware Version : 4.03.03.00 - 3.02.00.03 - 3.01.02.00 Annex A - 01.07.02 - 0.49ADSL Software Version : V2.00B01T01.DI.20050121

hi agnivo007 is this problem only with router version or all adsl modems by D-Link ,ACTUALLY I WAS PERSUADING MY SISTER TO BUY THE ROUTER MODEL BUT AFTER THIS GLITCH I THINK SHE SHOULD GO WITH THE CHEAPER DINK ADSL MODEM WITHOUT ROUTER WITH ETHERNET INTERFACE.

Not all D-Link products are susceptible to this problem.A latest firmware update would correct this problem. But no newer firmware is available from D-Link India at this moment.I have communicated this matter to D-Link India. Let's see what they do...Sachin, please try to avoid typing in CAPITALS !!! Its shouting ! :angry:Sushubh, may I know what did u edit in the above post [ PM me plz ]... 😀

Out of curiosity, is the above mentioned modem compatible with Airtel's broadband ?Are there any models that work with both (Airtel & BSNL) ?

Originally posted by agnivo007@Jun 5 2005, 04:25 PM
Not all D-Link products are susceptible to this problem.
A latest firmware update would correct this problem. But no newer firmware is available from D-Link India at this moment.

I have communicated this matter to D-Link India. Let's see what they do...
Sachin, please try to avoid typing in CAPITALS !!! Its shouting ! :angry:

Sushubh, may I know what did u edit in the above post [ PM me plz ]... 😀
[snapback]11474[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sorry agnivo007 and Sushubh i didn't used Capitals delibrately ,it was just that i was typing and i pressed caps lock unknowingly and .I would definately take care in future.

And sushubh wud you please let me know which forum rules did i broke ,actually even i did not know if you edited anything in my post.

i just deleted the quote from the post just above your post... it sounds like a minor thing but everything posted here adds to the database of which backup i have to take. and we around here do not have access to leased line speed connections to do that comfortably 😉

You guys are such retards. Don't touch the router. When you click on "Save and Reboot", just wait. I've been using this router for like the past 3 months without any problems whatsoever and I reboot the modem every midnight. Well, I hope this solves all you guys' problems. I came here through google. Was searching to see if it's possible to get hacked firmware. Because I'm used to a 10Mbit line. And this 256K crap really sucks. At least if it was 256K Bytes instead if bits, it would have been reasonable. Damn.

Sorry, but a retard (me) talking here. No need to pay attention to me >_< But I found it very interesting when you mentioned that you are used to a 10Mbit line. Where exactly did you experience a 10Mbit line? And why oh why have you downgraded to a 256Kbps line that too with stupid data caps? (Did you know that even?). And if you really knew what you were talking about then you would be aware that hacked firmware or not you will get 256Kbps 🙂Whose the retard now? 😛 Watch your language before you call others names.

DUDE!!! You ARE retarded. I used to get a 3Mbit line in the Netherlands for just $50 Then, after I came here, I started using Iqara and bought a Motorola cable modem off ebay and uncapped it using a glitch in the firmware. THAT's where I used to get 10Mbps or 1MBps. I've downloaded 50 MB in 1 minute. That's some odd 800KBps. Don't air you're ignorance 🙂 You know, at least I said something positive in my post. You've just started an argument.

actually yes the cable modems can be uncapped quite easilt specially the motorola powersurf series . D-Link ADSL modems(yup, not evn a single modem) firmware as of know has been hacked.Even when i uncapped my cable modem i got 4Mbps line 😀

Originally posted by Death@Dec 20 2005, 02:38 AM
DUDE!!! You ARE retarded. I used to get a 3Mbit line in the Netherlands for just $50 Then, after I came here, I started using Iqara and bought a Motorola cable modem off ebay and uncapped it using a glitch in the firmware. THAT's where I used to get 10Mbps or 1MBps. I've downloaded 50 MB in 1 minute. That's some odd 800KBps. Don't air you're ignorance 🙂 You know, at least I said something positive in my post. You've just started an argument.
[snapback]36444[/snapback]
[/quote]
Very well, you used the "glitch" in the modem and you got a 10Mbps connection, instantly. Can you post a screenshot to prove that? I mean if it was a simple matter of hacking the firmware to get a 10Mbps connection, then I would be at it in no time....

Speeds are set on the server side lest you are able to change that you will keep getting the assigned speed.