Bata has now added an opt-out option in their texts!

^ yup. In a perfect world. Just not the one we live in.
Also, ain't the only reason(most of the time, if not always) they ask for our personal info is so that they can sell it or spam us. I mean if this has already happened to you before then it should not be a surprise anymore.

yes. we should just get by with what we have. there is no point in arguing about anything or demanding anything. because that's how life is. what is the point of running this forum, if we are supposed to just accept what is being offered to us? no one is surprised that companies misuse our personal data. the point of this thread is to sham companies which do.

^seriously chromaniac do you have anything against me. I have said this in a previous post that i have no problem in naming and shaming them in any way we can. I am just saying people need to be more aware and smart (no, lets say be less stupid.).....I also used to give them my number till couple of years back but when i saw them spamming me then instead of crying about it online i figured best would be to not give them anymore. Which part of this doesn't make sense to you?

Am i really saying something really stupid? or are you just trying to attack me for no reason at all. What i am saying makes total sense and i am sure many would agree but i doubt anyone would come forward to say that on this forum.

you are questioning my intelligence by saying that i must be stupid to give out my actual number to brands. and they you joke that am i expecting free Bata shoes (this message was given to someone else) in return? here i am trying to highlight a company that misuse your personal information for spamming purposes. you are missing the point of this thread. i have already highlighted why i am highlighting the various companies that text spam you without giving you an option to opt you. you on the other hand are continuously surprised that people are idiot enough to give their numbers.

bulk of the content on this forum is to highlight companies with terrible track record when it comes to quality of service and other factors. this is one of them. you are missing the point of this thread. you are calling us stupid for sharing our numbers with brands. have faith in me. i would continue to share my real number with more brands and continue to highlight the ones that misuse it. technology allows me to ignore these text messages on my phone (and email address when it comes to email spam) but i get to highlight companies that does not respect you or me.

lets talk about overreacting and putting words in someone's mouth. shall we?

Stop saying I said something when i clearly didn't. Please point me out to the post where i said you were stupid? But i will say it now that if someone knows very well that they will get spammed and still they keep on giving them their numbers (even when they don't have to) then yes i don't think they are very smart. If not then please give me one good reason why you give your number to stores when you can easily say no? Please. Trying to be the torch holder and bring a change?.
And second, i didn't say that free Bata shoes thing to you. i said that to dextermorgan. you don't have to come and defend others. I am sure he is more than capable of defending himself. Also that was said in a light tone, not to be taken seriously or feel offended by. little bit of leg pulling goes on everywhere. its the internet.

Then you are saying same thing again and again that we are here to shame such companies, when i have already said it twice that i have no problem with that. nor did i ever criticize you or OP for doing that. It is a good thing and i appreciate you doing that. all i have been trying to say all this time is that there is no point is committing same mistakes again and again and then getting pissed off. no shame in learning from your or someone else's mistakes. BUT no you simply keep on ignoring the point i am trying to make and keep on beating around the bush.

stop making it an ego thing and overreacting.

not come here to abuse you or insult you. not my style. would only say that i used to respect you a lot and liked your opinions. there is only a few people online that i can say that for. and you were one of them. But I must say you are smart but you are not as matured as i thought you were. little disappointed and hurt too. because i didnt expect that kind of thing from you. expected it from other teenager mods of other forums who just look for a reason to ban you.
anyway you can reject this post in moderation and ban this ID too. no point in coming back now.

Bata actually has added an opt-out in their texts. They give you a number. Send a missed call. And you are out!

YDOVxPq.png