Download Speeds

Hi people,I was just curious what speeds people got...I'm not including any other speed bands (512 Kbps, etc.), because it might get confusing!I'm in the 4th band - 20-25 KB/s..

Great. So it seems that after almost two months MTNL has managed to upgrade speeds to about 215 kbps without any help from their call center or any help from their telephone exchange, etc. Just think if they got their act together, we might yet get 256 average, i.e. 32 kBps. 😀 I have noticed that sometime around 1 PM daily, in this month the speed drops to 180 kbps and picks up again after 6 PM. Seems that Andheri West is getting loaded. 🤔 Best wishes.

Hi,I have been using MTNL's Tri Band for last 1 month. I have been getting a download speed of 50 KB to 59 KB usually. Sometimes, it gets down to 38KB or something like that. I have been using DSL_256Kbps_399 plan. Now I have switched to TriB_256Kbps_590NU plan. Let's see what happens.Regards,Abhinandan Jain

I am in R.K. Puram Delhi. But a Bad News, Since I have shifted to 590NU plan, the net is not working properly. It connects sometimes and doesn't open many times and the speed is too slow. Is there some problem related to the Plan

i doubt if its plan related... i guess it mite be the pvc0, pvc 1 thing... if all ur settings r on one of the above... do disable the other one and try...

Originally posted by coolbuddy_79@Aug 2 2005, 11:36 PM
where man??? del or mum??? 😱
[snapback]19669[/snapback]
[/quote]

Originally posted by tmbcworld@Aug 4 2005, 12:49 PM
I am in R.K. Puram Delhi. But a Bad News, Since I have shifted to 590NU plan, the net is not working properly. It connects sometimes and doesn't open many times and the speed is too slow. Is there some problem related to the Plan
[snapback]19886[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, Good News atlast! Everything working fine and here is snapshot of my download under 590 NU scheme. Link to Snapshot

I am very grateful to MTNL for providing such a great plan for a very low price.

Regards,
AJ

man, u sure r one lucky chap!!!getting 512 kbps speed in 256 kbps...can u still post ur SNR margin and line attenuation??? 🙂ps: in case u don't know where to get it...then here it is...go to "Status/ADSL" and post the figures...

Originally posted by coolbuddy_79@Aug 7 2005, 05:49 AM
man, u sure r one lucky chap!!!

getting 512 kbps speed in 256 kbps...

can u still post ur SNR margin and line attenuation??? 🙂

ps: in case u don't know where to get it...then here it is...

go to "Status/ADSL" and post the figures...
[snapback]20211[/snapback]
[/quote]

Item Downstream Upstream Unit
SNR Margin 27 15 dB
Line Attenuation 37 23 dB
Data Rate 576 512 kbps

Is it good?

Hey coolbuddy, tmbc is on 590plan..BTW his data rate is better 576 downstream ..i m on 256 though on my 390plan..i guess if the downstream is more u get more download speeds :mellow:

It seems to me that I am a lucky person in case of MTNL Broadband 😛 . But I wouldn't miss the opportunity to say that MTNL is at its best right now. THANK GOD!!! 🙂