Normal speed through cable, but slow on Wifi

ISP
ACT Fibernet
Hi All,

I have also a slow issue with ACT Fibernet, i took 30 MBps connection, and with Cable iam getting full speed, and wifi iam getting 14 Mbps speed, the technician visited my place and said that it is router fault, I actually bought a new router, Linksys E1200 one week back, i dont understand this..so i decided to test my router, i went to my apartment clubhouse, and connected the router with the cable of the clubhouse connection..NOW see the magic it is showing me 29.86 Mbps Download Speed, and 29.58 Mbps Upload speed..Now i decided to talk to the technician and explained what happened, now he says there is crimping problem..!

Meanwhile let me tell you that i have faced this issue for about 3 weeks now...!

DAMN ACT technicians !!

When you went to the clubhouse, were you getting ~30 Mbps over wifi or wired to the router?

When were getting ~30 Mbps 'with cable', how were you connected?
Option a: Ethernet cable from ACT directly to your laptop.
Option b: Ethernet cable from ACT to router. Ethernet/patch cable from router to laptop.

I had connected the lan cable to wifi router, can accessing internet thru wifi only.
The 30 Mbps was coming thru wifi router at club house...!

You can easily do 30 Mbps on wireless N150.

You said you were getting ~30 Mbps 'with cable', how were you connected?

there are tons of mobile apps that can help you find out channels with less congestion.

Same issue here. I just bought a new 50Mbps connection from ACT. The speed when we are very close to the modem is absolutely fine. But when i move away a bit the wifi signal tends to drop and is very bad. I guess the issue is with the modem they provided. It is Netgear Ac1200 modem. My previous airtel modem has more range than this modem given by ACT. Any good options?