• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 7,116

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
Idea Cellular to soon follow Airtel and Rel Jio in offering 4G services | Business Insider India
Idea chief executive Himanshu Kapania last week announced that the company was striving to deploy 4G services within the first half of 2016.

Idea Cellular has advanced its 4G plans by a year and the company plans to offer 4G in 10 service areas.

Idea decides to bridge gap with peers, to roll out 4G in 10 service areas next year - The Economic Times
"We are also positively surprised at the speed of availability of a wide range of affordable 4G smartphones and devices," Kapania said.

"Therefore, post careful analysis of LTE technology, maturity and consumer demand surge across markets like China, Indonesia and other similar markets, Idea has decided to initiate necessary steps culminating into launch of Idea's own 4G services on LTE platform from calendar year 2016 in a phased manner."

4G Rush: Reliance Jio, Airtel, Vodafone, Idea getting ready for brutal competition - The Economic Times
Third-ranked Idea Cellular said it will spend Rs 1,000 crore to launch 4G services towards the end of 2015.
So by end of 2015, we may have four 4G operators? R-JIO, Airtel, Vodafone and Idea!
Besides news of Aircel and Videocon launching 4G makes some rounds online.

Nice joke by Idea
Well it 2015 September and in New Delhi they still unable to provide 3G service on local network, i.e every time when i want to surf on 3G, my network switch to Roaming and then provide me 3g service.
if I receive a call during this session My balance will become zero.
puri chori khuli loot

Hey, I've already started seeing R-Jio signals here in Bangalore. Had anyone else noticed this...
e1a38dff820d324230d4eb7edaad1e8b.jpg

Idea to introduce 4G services in 750 towns by first half of 2016 – Tech2

The circles include Maharashtra and Goa, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh, Kerala, Punjab, Haryana, Karnataka, Orissa, Tamil Nadu and North East.
The company said it had acquired spectrum in 1800 MHz band, used for offering 4G services, during the last two spectrum auctions in February 2014 and March 2015.
Bharti Airtel and Aircel have already launched 4G services, whereas Vodafone has announced plans to roll out services in Delhi and Mumbai by December this year. Reliance Jio is also expected to announce 4G services launch by December.

Last edited by a moderator:
Idea 4G
Major towns to be covered with Idea’s 4G LTE services at launch are – Kochi, Hosur, Kadapa, Malapuram, Madurai, Mysore, Rajahmundry, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelveli, Tiruppur, Vijayawada and
Vishakhapatnam, while Belgaum, Calicut, Cuddalore, Chitradurga, Guntur, Kakinada, Kancheepuram and Trichur will follow by 31st December 2015. Idea will rapidly expand 4G services in all Southern India metros and large towns including Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Trivandrum, Mangalore and Coimbatore by March 2016.
  • 4G Services launch across 75 towns in 4 Telecom service areas of Andhra Pradesh & Telangana, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu
  • Roll out of 4G Services in 6 more Telecom service areas from January to March 2016; Idea’s 4G footprint to expand to 750 towns by June 2016 across 10 Telecom circles
  • Offers complimentary 4G SIM upgrade, attractive 4G tariffs and bundled digital content subscription
Idea launches world-class, high-speed 4G LTE services in all four Telecom service areas of South India

Reactions: SVK
Reposting my findings from another topic

I was searching for Vodafone 4G and found that Idea's 4G network is beaming here in Bangalore !!!

d51960c2cebb9a0ff9febd5705297dbb.jpg

577e274eb11e83d2e18374664f4ed6c1.jpg

I saw the network in central Bangalore, around Richmond Road but can't see it other areas like Domlur, Vijayanagar etc

Ok. It does show up in main/central Vijayanagar as well but not in inward areas. Looks like they've still not covered the entire Bangalore City itself.

Airtel and R-Jio (showing as LOOP 4g) have pretty good coverage across the places I checked in Bangalore

*Still no signs of Vodafone though, although I see a lot of hoardings with signs of launch.
Idea is silently upgrading without much noise

Idea 4g shows up in most parts of Bangalore now...

03cede4ac8209cfddcc1590d26687f2e.jpg

Reactions: SVK
I am just a poster of press releases that land in my inbox. I can't even remember my dad's mobile number [emoji64]