Thinking about Reliance BB but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I live in Nawada, Delhi-110059. I am planning to buy a new Broadband connection, since i am new to this whole broadband connection world can anyone pls tell me which connection should i get.

Other then that, i became to know about Reliance BB connection and the packages they are offering are pretty awesome but after reading several negative comments about it I am a little confused whether to get it or not....
anyways I am planning to get Thunder 699 connection which offers 2 Mbps speed. Does it provide atleast 1 Mbps speed? if anyone in this forum from Nawada, uttam nagar and dwarka owns a Reliance BB connection pls share the experience here...... and if you not recommending Reliance BB then pls suggest me some other ISP

My usage will be:
I need a unlimited download package
I would prefer a 1Mbps connection throughout the month
I will be using it after 7PM on weekdays and anytime on weekends

Reliance works when it wants to. It does not operate as per your schedule.

99% of my problems are associated with the local gateway which is not properly managed. For example. My Reliance network was down through the day. Reason? My local market had a prolonged power cut. Reliance's local gateway is housed in one of the shops in the market. And since the power backup has not been working for almost a week now, the gateway was down which means my internet was down.

Local guys are assholes. Does not give a shit. I have to file complaints after complaints after complaints to get someone senior up to push for fixing of the power backup. Last year, it took them almost a month to resolve the problem. So this is a recurring problem. God knows what kind of hardware they purchase if the backup fails multiple times a year.

^Was the reason I dumped Reliance in 4 months - we had scheduled powercuts for 2 hours per day & the local gateway's scheduled powercuts were on different timings. So no power for 2 hours & no internet for additional 2 hours

Ok, i got your point. Just one question is this the problem with every ISP or specifically with Reliance.
And now I am confused which connection should i get. i just have a talk with SITI cable customer care and they said they are not available in my area. 🙁

Airtel and BSNL does not appear to have this problem. Fiber based services I guess needs their boxes powered at regular distances so they pay customers to power these boxes for them. If any of the box loses power, I guess the internet goes down for everyone on that line.

DSL does not need this. But if the gateway itself does not have power. Nothing can help the cause.

you do not have to use the phone. dsl uses telephone lines so the line has to come to your place in any case. you do not have to attach a phone instrument on it and use it.

what you pay depends upon the plan you take. bsnl has combo and regular plans. you can opt for either of them. airtel to the best of my knowledge does not charge extra for landline connectivity (though someone on the forum mentioned that you get 200 discount if you opt to not use landline, i cannot confirm this). reliance has two types of plans as well. you can opt for broadband only plans and that's it.

My signature is up to date. I am currently having both Airtel & BSNL. Airtel should be mentioned as primary now though. Reliance also has phone option. So, you can just dont bother to have a landline.

Status
Not open for further replies.