TATA sky vs Airtel DTH (Mumbai)

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr.cool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,835
ISP
MTNL
Hello friends ,
Currently am using airtel DTH and i am planning to move to Tata Sky.
I have heard that tata sky has less issues in rain in terms of signal loss, is it true ?
Would really like to know your experience of tata sky in rainy season and their customer support.

Signal loss during rain is common for all DTH operators. All are same in this aspect. I use Tata Sky since 2007. Happy with their service.

Exactly as mentioned above. Signal loss (or Strength) depends upon dish alignment and cables used for connection. It may be possible that 1 person is getting good signal on Tata Sky while other wont if dish is slightly misaligned.
Besides Tuner inside STB also plays important role. If tuner is able to extract data even with low signal, then STB may work even in cloudy conditions.

Thank you friends for your input.
I'll ask airtel to re align my dish and then i'll check if there is any sort of improvement.
BTW this is the type of signal i get when there is moderate type of rain.
If its sunny type of day then signal quality is of yellow colour.
The signal strength remains same most of the time.
img%20temp.jpg

Last edited:
Sunny day with clear sky - signal quality should be green to make sure that you dont get highly affected when it rains.

Sunny day with clear sky - signal quality should be green to make sure that you dont get highly affected when it rains.
well so far never got green quality signal. When i got this airtel dth the signal quality was red and some channel were very blurry i complained to airte CC and they sent some technicians and they re align the dish after that signal quality came to yellow bar and it always at yellow bar only.
Once the rainy season is over i'll surely ask airtel to re align my dish again and then i guess signal loss during rain should be minimum.
BTW whats the difference between signal strength and signal quality ? :O

Last edited: