My (Pathetic) Experience With Hathway in Pune

• Thread starter Thread starter Coolguns
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 6,148
I have created an account just to share my views about Hathway and its service in my area.
I am a Hathway customer for last 4-5 years now with some problems cropping up from time to time but nothing major.
However, ever since I transferred to their HD stream (50 Mbps) plans, my experience is that of hell.

I have a 3-month plan with FUP of 25GB per month. On 1st of every month, I get a message that I have crossed the FUP limit and my speed is downgraded. Yesterday, I called their customer care [By the way the customer care of Hathway is one of the worst I have EVER EVER encountered]. I asked the person about my usage in last 3 months. The guy told me that it was around 20-21 GB every month. Then how in the hell I crossed FUP limits?!

This is unbelievable. Hathway was just conning me whole the time. The executive said that I will get a callback (which in my experience rarely comes) from billing department about the issue. Today morning I got an SMS that my complaint has been closed. By the way this is a standard setting in Hathway system, in my experience. Your complaint automatically gets closed the next morning and an SMS is sent to the customer - irrespective of the actual status of the issue.

During the latest 3-month period, my connecting was down for a whole period of 12-15 days in the last month. I had to call everyday, repeat the whole story everyday, get different answers everyday without any effect. By the way, WITHIN NEXT 4 HOURS is the standard script of the customer care executives for any damn issue on the earth.

I called the Nodal officer 3-4 times to no avail.

Finally, the issue go resolved after almost 12-15 days of downtime. To their credit, Hathway did extend my plan by 10 days.

In my opinion, the problem is not with any individual employee of Hathway. They just don't have proper systems in place.

For example, their customer care executives, in most cases, are totally unaware of the real issue. So, you just can't expect them to address it properly.
Also, I have observed that when there is some area-wide issue, all their customer care lines just don't connect.

After all this frustration, right now I am in 2 minds about whether to continue with Hathway or not.

you are still in two minds?!

no decent ISP in your area?

Yes...not sure which other ISP offers reliable service. For backup I have subscribed to a local ISP - Balaji Broadband. Testing them right now but not convinced about long term commitment to them. So, will test them over next 3 months before switching fully.

Dear Customer,

We apologize for any inconvenience, please share your account number with us. We will get back to you.

Regards,
Hathway Broadband

Thanks for your review...I was planning to switch from BSNL to Hathway. I will probably stick with BSNL for some time.

I am having the exact same issue. My plan is the 30GB FUP. They are inflating my usage. I had kept my connection off from 12pm to 4pm yesterday. Usage shot up by 1.5GB. WTF!!