Poor broadband services in North Delhi

ISP
MTNL 3G
Hi everyone!

I subscribed to a Hathway Broadband connection in North Delhi on 28th June, 2015 and my ordeal with them began since then. They were quick to setup the connection (it took them three days including the wiring to the pole) and I got the connection working on 1st July in the evening. However, within 3 hours of installation, the connection went offline. The connection came online after half an hour so I thought this was a minor glitch.

In the first week of the connection, there were long periods of disconnection and the severe downtime made the connection almost unreliable. Numerous complaints to the CC were effective only for a few hours, after which the connection went back to its helpless state. While writing this thread too, the connection went offline. There were a few instances in the past weeks where the connection was not online for even a single minute during the day.

This experience has left me in agony and I would never suggest a service provider as pathetic as Hathway (at least in my area). Please suggest ways to deal with this issue.

You are in which area? I too had Hathway but owing to its unreliability I requested disconnection. It has been 2 weeks they have not yet disconnected it.

Both of you can try complaining through Akosha or any consumer complaint site along with calling them out on social media. I'm about to do the same thing.

I don't understand if they are malicious or just that incompetent.

You are in which area?
Area : Shakti Nagar (near Kamla Nagar)
The fluctuating service is just pathetic. Although when it works, I get a solid 5mbps down.
4522700763.png

Finally Hathway has disconnected my connection. I am relieved now. But bit worried if they levy any extra charges.

Last month they falsely added Rs.292 as pending amount. When I complained, their accounts officer blamed me that I had purchased their speed top ups which I did not. Had no option so paid it.