DataOne internet service down ?

• Thread starter Thread starter ubose
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,668

ubose

Hi , this is just to find out if any of you in bangalore is finding problem in net browsing ?I have a 512Kbps connection , and since Wednesday (1st June) , I'm able to connect to DataOne , but then nothing else goes thru !As usual, the DE/SDE at Indiranagar exchage are hapless about waht has happened !

We would like to know something about ur PC configuration and router/modem u use...And network down cases are there due to maintainance at some places, even in kolkata, but for short durations. 😀

Oops, I forgot mentioning that I'm able to connect to my office network using VPN from my home, after connecting thru DataOne. Which means that it is not a line problem. But once I'm uot of the VPN and try internet access from DataOne, nothing goes thru.I'm trying from a IBM laptop, Windows XP SP1 , IEv6.

Hmm...so mething seriously wrong with the modem/router configuration. I hope u had configured it from 192.168.1.1 configuration interface ?VPN passthrough,etc. conf. might be checked out...I'm not having MT800 modem...Another member, ways2gain might help u in that matter as he is having that modem.I think u are a bengali [ ur name suggests ] 😀

My Both modems are from UtStar - one 300R and the other the next version whcih seems to be giving a slower performance or kay be the settings or the cable is inferior at my end ( or the worms are playing havoc ).

Ubose, I too have that problem (or had)... (bangalore - indranagar area - 512k) My link light was green... ADSL link UP but no server response... data would flow for a few minutes then stop again...on and off since June 1 ... But today (Sunday morning) it seems OK, was fine last evening too...edit: i called the 16004241600 helpline too a couple of times each day for the last few days... was on hold, nobody home hehe

it seems i'am not the onlyone whose facing the problem :huh: i havent been able to connect to the internet for the past 4 days 🙁 i frequently get the error 678 and when do get connected i dont get any data transfer atall. all it shows is a big screen telling me that "the page cannot be displayed".i am using xp sp2 and having ut-300r2 modem. i recently am connected thru my dail-up connection :lol: ne1 else facing problems like this in chennai ?btw i called up the 1600 424 1600 no. but all they said was that the problem was on my side. when i asked him to give me the JTO's no. he hung up!!!

Check your IP settings. Make sure they are black in the Browser. My freind experienced the same prob and when I deleted Proxy settings ( all IP nos ) it started to work fine.

can u please elaborate? :blink: its just that iam a total newbie to changing settingspardon me for the double post but i would also like to add that my power and lan led's are steady but the WAN and PPPoE lights do not glow for a long time. what does that mean? :huh:

Lan is what shows link of modem with PC and if that steady that means everything OK there. Wan is for BSNL link with Modem. If thats not steady that means something is wrong. How about resetting the Modem. Browse the Modem booklet for the same.

At any cost, get one of the BSNL techs at ur place and let them solve it. 😀As for the ADSL link, I'm losing link sometimes but after powering off the modem and then back on, the link stays.

Originally posted by firefox_1919@Jun 5 2005, 08:23 PM
can u please elaborate? :blink:  its just that iam a total newbie to changing settings

pardon me for the double post but i would also like to add that my power and lan led's are steady but the WAN and PPPoE lights do not glow for a long time. what does that mean? :huh:
[snapback]11462[/snapback]
[/quote]

we have got an edit button... 🤔