DataOne internet service down ?

ubose

[OP]
Jun 4, 2005
Hi , this is just to find out if any of you in bangalore is finding problem in net browsing ?I have a 512Kbps connection , and since Wednesday (1st June) , I'm able to connect to DataOne , but then nothing else goes thru !As usual, the DE/SDE at Indiranagar exchage are hapless about waht has happened !

A

agnivo007

We would like to know something about ur PC configuration and router/modem u use...And network down cases are there due to maintainance at some places, even in kolkata, but for short durations. :D

ubose

[OP]
Jun 4, 2005
Oops, I forgot mentioning that I'm able to connect to my office network using VPN from my home, after connecting thru DataOne. Which means that it is not a line problem. But once I'm uot of the VPN and try internet access from DataOne, nothing goes thru.I'm trying from a IBM laptop, Windows XP SP1 , IEv6.

A

agnivo007

Hmm...so mething seriously wrong with the modem/router configuration. I hope u had configured it from 192.168.1.1 configuration interface ?VPN passthrough,etc. conf. might be checked out...I'm not having MT800 modem...Another member, ways2gain might help u in that matter as he is having that modem.I think u are a bengali [ ur name suggests ] :D

W

ways2gain

My Both modems are from UtStar - one 300R and the other the next version whcih seems to be giving a slower performance or kay be the settings or the cable is inferior at my end ( or the worms are playing havoc ).

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
Regulars
Jan 21, 2005
Pune
Ubose, I too have that problem (or had)... (bangalore - indranagar area - 512k) My link light was green... ADSL link UP but no server response... data would flow for a few minutes then stop again...on and off since June 1 ... But today (Sunday morning) it seems OK, was fine last evening too...edit: i called the 16004241600 helpline too a couple of times each day for the last few days... was on hold, nobody home hehe

firefox_1919

Jun 5, 2005
it seems i'am not the onlyone whose facing the problem :huh: i havent been able to connect to the internet for the past 4 days :( i frequently get the error 678 and when do get connected i dont get any data transfer atall. all it shows is a big screen telling me that "the page cannot be displayed".i am using xp sp2 and having ut-300r2 modem. i recently am connected thru my dail-up connection :lol: ne1 else facing problems like this in chennai ?btw i called up the 1600 424 1600 no. but all they said was that the problem was on my side. when i asked him to give me the JTO's no. he hung up!!!

W

ways2gain

Check your IP settings. Make sure they are black in the Browser. My freind experienced the same prob and when I deleted Proxy settings ( all IP nos ) it started to work fine.

firefox_1919

Jun 5, 2005
can u please elaborate? :blink: its just that iam a total newbie to changing settingspardon me for the double post but i would also like to add that my power and lan led's are steady but the WAN and PPPoE lights do not glow for a long time. what does that mean? :huh: