Wierd Problem

Hydrooxygen

[OP]
May 16, 2007
I m a registered MTNL Triband User.My Plan is 256 kbps UnlimitedMy router is DSL-502T.My problem is that when my computer is off the Router shows all the three lights i.e power status adsl But when i turn on the computer the adsl light goes off.I have tried many times but this problem happens everytime.The most weird is in the night all the light works properly and i m able to surf.Sometimes the router works in the middle of the day but there is no fixed time.What is the problem?Heeeellllllllppppppp me?

Apoorv Khatreja

Super Loser
Regulars
Nov 7, 2006
Delhi
The problem is most likely related to poor signal. In the night, the congestion is less, so you are able to surf. Same is the reason for daytime. Open you router configuration page, see the SNR Margin/Line Attenuation values, and post them here. Maybe we will be able to help you then.

charlie4u

Regulars
May 12, 2007
Hi.The line parameters of your line seems to be below standard values . get it checked from your area officer.If the distance of your premise is more than 5 km from Local exchange, get your speed reduced.

banda

~
Regulars
Nov 3, 2006
this might not make any sense.. but try plugging in the power adapter for your modem in a different point than ur pc... (i have had some problems with my modem related to low voltage too)

viralbug

tR0ll bUg
Regulars
Jan 6, 2006
yeah the dlink dsl-502t gets rebooted if the power voltage is a bit low and it doesnt connect again! you then have to restart manually.

stuge

Gadget Lover
Regulars
May 17, 2007
Welcome to India BB forum!HydrooxygenSo did you contact MTNL ?