• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 4,721

dejan

Regular
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel
I wanna know the best bank in Delhi to have an account in. Would that be SBI or HDFC? Would I need a reference if I want to open an account in SBI? Or will my HDFC account suffice for opening an account in SBI? As per online reviews SBI is the largest government sector bank and HDFC is the largest private sector bank. Any other banks worth having an account in?

May be you can also try Punjab National Bank or Axis Bank.. Even bank of baroda is good.

If you can maintain a Rs. 3L balance, get Yes Bank. 7% interest!

In any case, I would suggest getting an account on one of the smaller players like Yes or Kotak or IndusInd. Less crowdy. Better support. Fewer charges.

It is easy to open an SBI account, but, the branches are extremely crowded at least for regular customers like me. Luckily, I don't have to do anything that requires visiting the bank, so it works out well.

Kotak seems pretty good now in terms of crowd [emoji14] They've acquired ING recently, I think.

per year. calculated on a daily basis. i think. i think most banks give you just 4%. not sure though.

If i am not wrong they give it on Quarterly or Half-Yearly basis. Yea 4%.

Just cross checked its yearly.. 😀😛

Checked my statements. I am getting interest four times a yearly so quarterly.

Yes (less than 3L balance)/Indus/Kotak also give 6% interest I believe. I am personally quite happy with Yes Bank. I just wish they had Master/VISA cards so that I can shut down my StanChart cards and completely move over to their platform.

Shut down my ICICI account recently. Pay for sms texts per quarter. Pay for this. Pay for that. Pay for this and that. Fuck them. The bigger the bank, the insane number of charges there are for various services.

Yes Bank sar! Free sms alerts. Free use on ATMs. Have not seen any absurd charge since I joined. Mobile app is crap though.

ah well. it's ok. icici and hdfc are still the most supported banks out there. ever since i opened in yes, icici was a backup account for me and it annoyed me that 60% of all transactions in a year were basically bank charges (sms/dmat/debit). so i just shut it down. hdfc users are usually more happy with their bank compared to icici from what i have read on this forum.

I have a salary account in HDFC as well 😛 But i like the customer service of ICICI bank more compare to HDFC and if i came across any unnecessary charges in ICICI i will shut it down. 😛 😀