MTNL Mumbai Not receiving push notifications of Gmail and other games instantly.

• Thread starter Thread starter ppkakad
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 6,218

ppkakad

ISP
Mtnl
Hello,

I am having this weird problem. I am not able to get the notifications of new mail in GMAIL and also notifications of games on WIFI when i am on mobile. But when i use my 3G network, notifications come up instantly at once. I have D-Link 2750 U router and from MTNL Mumbai. I called DLINK customer care and they said to change the MTU size to 1360. I did and restarted the router. It did work for 30 mins but again same problem is happening. I either have to go to 3G to check notifications at once or check the mails manually.

Also when my mobile is on sleep for 30 mins or so, i feel my WIFI is also going to sleep. I mean when i check phone after 30 mins of sleep, i see just old messages of whatsapp in notifications menu. When i go inside whatsapp, then all new messages start coming at once. Or when i switch OFF and ON my WIFI again in the phone then the new messages start coming up. I don't know what is the issue. I am sure it's not the problem of MTNL but some router settings. Please help. Thanks!

Also in my mobile settings in WiFI the setting of Keep WIFI ON when on sleep is selected as 'Always'. Still the same issue. Would be really appreciated if this issue is solved. Thank you.

Thanks for reply. I tried push notifications fixer but it's not working. Any other solution? Also i tried one thing, There is inbuilt phone booster app on my phone. I disabled it. The issue seems to be resolved for some time again. But then again this issue arises. I ma really frustrated. I went to service centre of phone and they updated the software. Still facing same issue.

Try changing the MTU to 1492.
Save settings and reboot the router.
Also, you might be using the Power Saving feature in your phone or an app like Juice Defender that extends battery life.
This type of apps can disable WiFi or 3G data mode until you check your phone and then re-enables it again automatically.

No its not fixed yet. I went to my friend's house and checked it for 2 hours. I was getting notifications on his wifi of gmail etc.He has private service provider 5 NET. I put my phone on sleep mode too and then checked after half an hour and i saw that all the latest notifications were there. I went to mtnl office too and checked on their router. I bought their router at my home for a day and still i was facing the same issues on both counts. So there is no problem in my phone as i first thought so.

I explained the issue to mtnl guys. They are just unaware of this issue and said to me that from their end everything is fine and said just for me, they cant look into this issue as other users are not complaining. I can't blame them now since wifi is working smooth. It's just the notifications issue for me. I thought maybe there is a problem with my router, so i bought their router too for a day but i was surprised even that didn't resolve the issue. So it looks like they have not updated their servers to latest one. Today this issue is for me and i knew many users will start facing the same issue in future and then these guys would wake up. So i just left their office.

So i feel there is a problem from MTNL side only. I am thinking of buying a separate wifi dongle for myself of Photon or Reliance as i can't afford to lose important mail notifications when i am on WIFI.

Last edited:
Try changing the MTU to 1492.
Save settings and reboot the router.
Also, you might be using the Power Saving feature in your phone or an app like Juice Defender that extends battery life.
This type of apps can disable WiFi or 3G data mode until you check your phone and then re-enables it again automatically.
I tried changing the MTU size and reboot the router. One thing i always noticed is whenever i chage MTU size to any value and reboot the router, my notifications starts to work for half an hour or so and then again same issue comes up. So i thought maybe a problem with my router so i bought mtnl router for a day and still i was facing the same problem. I searched the forums on google and i didn't find anything relevant though there was an issue happening for lollipop users.

Last edited:
Well i looked up on the internet for hours and tried a bunch of stuff from changing the mtu value to changing the firewall settings ete etc but nothing worked.
But try this
Go to your phone's wifi settings and manually configure the ip settings. Check your ip address, subnet mask and default gateway and type in the same. In the dns values type in the following
Primary dns: 59.179.243.70
Secondary dns: 203.90.243.70

It got my push notifications to start working again but i dont know how long would it keep working. Try and let me know if it works.

Ok i will try this when i get back home. I tried these settings with other dns but not with the one you mentioned. Will let you know.

When you entered these settings? Today? Let me know if the issue crops up again.

Ok i will try this when i get back home. I tried these settings with other dns but not with the one you mentioned. Will let you know.

When you entered these settings? Today? Let me know if the issue crops up again.

I entered these last night and till now it seems to be working on every device i own and also the browsing and download speed has improved.

Okay nice i will check it and let you know. Did you entered these dns in the router ? Or just on the devices? And have you entered any specific dns in the router if any?