• Thread starter Thread starter audioslave
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 9,850

audioslave

What?
ISP
Beam 24Hours
http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/tech-tech-boom-10017860/bt-begins-to-deliver-on-100mbps-broadband-promise-10024813/

BT has started rolling out its 100Mbps broadband services to ten exchanges across the UK.
The service, marketed as BT Infinity option three, will give subscribers up to 100Mbps download speeds with up to 15Mbps upload.

The service comes with "unlimited" data usage and costs £35 per month with an 18-month contract.
It's like our Hayai 100mbps price but the thing here is unlimited.

Unlike other BT Infinity products which offer maximum speeds of 40Mbps downstream using fibre-to-the-cabinet technology, the 100Mbps service will use fibre-to-the-premises in order to deliver the faster speeds.

At the beginning of October, BT said it would begin using FTTP technology to deliver up to 300Mbps download speeds in 2012, and noted that it was already trialling speeds of up to 1Gbps in Kesgrave, Suffolk.

Super-fast broadband rival Virgin Media began offering customers packages with download speeds of up to 100Mbps in December 2010 using its cable-based service.
On cable? so what the Other cable isp's In india doing?

umm.. well England is actually a bit of a village when it comes to broadband..if u want to do a comparison with true broadband u should compare broadband plans/speeds in Hong kong, Japan, Korea and the Scandinavian countries.. here's a graphic from ITIF regarding internet speeds around the world (feb 2011) https://imgur.com/NxEq9 source Internet Speeds Around the World [infographic]

that is the point. now places considered "a bit of a village when it comes to broadband" are getting 100mbps connections at reasonable prices.

if u wanna compare..compare with the best so that u may aspire to reach that level..so that even if u fall short of that level (which u will) there is still considerable improvement..and 100 Mbps especially at that price ain't the best in the world.

100 Mbps especially at that price ain't the best in the world.
So you want 100mbps unlimited for Rs 1100? Is it Good according to you? France is actually offering unlimited 100mb for 1100. Still Uk,US countries are way behind European countries WRT Broadband.

actually i would prefer this

$418 = 418*6.6 = 2758 INR/month for 1 Gbps or 1000 Mbps

and there are other ISP's in HKG also that are providing even cheaper 1 Gbps plans

Ofcourse in India only in my dreams..

from Welcome to netvigator.com

and there are other ISP's in HKG also that are providing even cheaper 1 Gbps plans

Ofcourse in India only in my dreams..

from Welcome to netvigator.com

I Hope we'l hopefully get 1Gbit in India by 2020 and 100mbps by 2017.
You have to just wait for more 6 years. 🙁

But its application depends on many factors.
The cost of peering in a particular country affects how much minimum will be the cost of a considered plan.
Especially in cities like Singapore, the bandwidth is comparatively cheap as compared to India.
I know the current ISP's are doing excessive pricing but due to several factors we're unable to do the same.

Just implement LLU in India and see the price of broadband in India.. you'l get 10mbps unlimited for 1000 before 2013 .Mr CST, what Hayai everytime? Don't know it will launch or not.

The question is when we do reach the 1 Gbit mark..will it be considered fast enough compared to what's offered in the rest of the world at that time? hope now it becomes a little more clear why i said that compare yourself with the best in the world..

Just implement LLU in India and see the price of broadband in India.. you'l get 10mbps unlimited for 1000 before 2013 .
Mr CST, what Hayai everytime? Don't know it will launch or not.
OK erased😀

^ bobby the Broadband situation in UK and US is better than india but if you want to improve dont look at these countries but look at others that are pioneers in the field of BB..thats the whole import of this thread

Dude by 2015 India will have 2mbps as defn of broadband.Now I am not sure if it will be unlimited or not looking at the present state of affairs. And you are thinking its going to jump to 100mbps in 2017 ?? Sorry to burst your bubble. Call me pessimistic or whatever, the broadband definition came into existence when bsnl started providing broadband@256kbps in the year 2004. The definition is still stuck on 256kbps after 7 years 😡 Has it been upgraded to 512kbps ? I am not aware of it though.Somebody please correct me if they have.I dont know whats stopping them from providing good high speed connections on the present dsl tech when the dsl tech is very much capable of delivering good speeds. 🙁

^ bobby the Broadband situation in UK and US is better than india but if you want to improve dont look at these countries but look at others that are pioneers in the field of BB..thats the whole import of this thread
I know but seeing the state of affairs in India .. i'll be happy if they provide Broadband at US speeds ( 1MBPs for 150Rs)

1Gbps?! i'll be 40 when it comes to india i guess