100Mbps unlimited for Rs 2,832 in UK

• Thread starter Thread starter audioslave
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 9,844
To all people who have extremely negative mindset about the country in general...remember just one thing that u & i alone don't make up the country. It is all about demand...today there is 'virtually' no demand of high spd BB in the nation. Low spd bb @ low cost is just starting to pickup, when a sizeable seed population exists hS bb will also come.At last u can't hope to get 10mbps by shelling out 750 bucks. An amount which only 2-3% of the country's population pays & can potentially afford. welcome to reality.

Dude by 2015 India will have 2mbps as defn of broadband.Now I am not sure if it will be unlimited or not looking at the present state of affairs. And you are thinking its going to jump to 100mbps in 2017 ??
I'm sorry but when the Definition is 256kbps( 512kb has not been legislated till now) Companies like Beam,Fivenet and You are providing 10mbps though with Some Fup limit, When the LLU is getting implemented every single freaking rural area can be provided with at least 2mbps as the local person who is interested to provide internet can share the BSNL infrastructure like wise in urban areas Beam can use Airtel Infra if airtel is only the provider which serves the area.
So ultimately, the cost of infra will be less and PER GB costs will literally fall down.
It's like sharing cell phone towers. So we can easily expect 10mbps unlimited for Rs 1000 or Even 100mbps with 100 Odd Gb's.

To all people who have extremely negative mindset about the country in general...remember just one thing that u & i alone don't make up the country.
It is all about demand...today there is 'virtually' no demand of high spd BB in the nation. Low spd bb @ low cost is just starting to pickup, when a sizeable seed population exists hS bb will also come.
At last u can't hope to get 10mbps by shelling out 750 bucks. An amount which only 2-3% of the country's population pays & can potentially afford. welcome to reality.

True. people feel 512kb is enough for everything. let the price of Ipad and tablets or at least FTTH should come in to play then people will understand the importance of speedy internet.

I know but seeing the state of affairs in India .. i'll be happy if they provide Broadband at US speeds ( 1MBPs for 150Rs)

1Gbps?! i'll be 40 when it comes to india i guess
I'm Telling you. I have a bit of Research and i can blindly tell you in coming 3 years India is going to be Main Country for the Data centers in ASIA. Even International Isp's are showing interest to launch in India. All they need is Demand!

----------

And you are thinking its going to jump to 100mbps in 2017 ?? Sorry to burst your bubble. Call me pessimistic or whatever, the broadband definition came into existence when bsnl started providing broadband@256kbps in the year 2004.
Yes it will Jump to 100mbps. If on paper companies like can provide 100mbps sort of speeds then why can't other YOU or BEAM OR FTTH based companies like easily provide 100mbps.
PS: I'm not talking about Broadband definition here. just the speeds we can get by 2017 year.

----------

^ bobby the Broadband situation in UK and US is better than india but if you want to improve dont look at these countries but look at others that are pioneers in the field of BB..thats the whole import of this thread
True. Simply looking at USA and UK Broadband and Blushing wont Work. We have to see Our Neighboring countries like china,Japan.. they also have 100mbps at low prices.

I will be more than happy if all that happens. Beam and other providers are functional in only small patches.For them to move onto other cities it will take some time (read years). I was talking about an ISP pan india who would provide such speeds like BSNL. Airtel is not pan india when it comes to providing broadband. So in a nutshell by 2017 or 20XX some cities will be enjoying good speeds but the possibility of that happening across india seems low. Whats the latest on LLU scene ? Is it gonna happen in the near future ?

https://broadband.forum/broadband-in-india/2692-mtnl-and-bsnl-thwart-moves/

^ as you can see from that thread which i created 6 yrs ago..i have been crying hoarse (sorry for the melodramatic expression) for the past 6 yrs for LLU

^ And everytime someone asks BSNL their response is ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYREs6PdWMg

It seems like the product is Restricted to few areas.

----------

^ as you can see from that thread which i created 6 yrs ago..i have been crying hoarse (sorry for the melodramatic expression) for the past 6 yrs for LLU
Yes It's True.. The Draft and LLU will take much time. Even Draft was proposed in 2005 and now its being legislated.