• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 6,982

Amuthan

US Broadband rox!
ISP
Airtel Broadband - 512 Kbps NU (India) + Comcast 50 Mbps
Look at Yahoo! Broadband in Japan... Yahoo! Broadband Japan

They offer 100Mbps / 100Mbps leased line Internet Connection for Home Users...!!! :wacko:

I saw a person using this Connection post in a Forum that he gets speeds of only 60Mbps during Peak hours and Off - Peak hours he gets speeds upto 1Gbps....!!! :wacko:

And its true.. The reason is that Japan Telecom has planned to bring Gigabit Network right to homes in Japan. So now an apartment will have a 1Gbps Internet Connection that will be splitted to the inmates to 100Mbps/100Mbps....

Also Nippon Telecom of Japan have tested sending files of 14TB/s (Terabytes) which include 104 High Definition - DVD's over a distance of 160Kms..... Awesome Japanese....

I wish our fellow Indians could also make atleast Mbps speeds affordable for us!!! 🤔

With the announcement of Mr.Dhayanidhi Maran - Union Minister for Information & Broadcasting..... that 256kbps Broadband will be a thing of the past... and giving Unlimited Speeds I hope India can get into the Mbps Broadband Spectrum.. Moreover.. I doubt how much speeds has the Govt. planned to give us? Whats the cost gonna be? Anyone has any idea abt this? I know there aren't any official releases abt this issue... But any unofficial snippets??? 😛

Regards,
Amu

Wow 😱 I hope this was in India 😉

Yeah, those speeds work provided you are pulling from a server that can serve very fast. So your jap sites will load up very fast, when you go overseas it takes a bit longer unless all you use are jap sites.So 100Mbs is really 10-20 effective Mbs, assuming servers can even manage that.Personally it woudl be nice to have 1Mbps, i get by pretty well on just 256k...and more important than speed is a reliable connection.

Forget Japan, Hong Kong has launched 1 Gbps !! 😱

In India we are busy fighting and rioting everyday for upper caste, lower caste, reservations etc etc.... :angry:Atleast give 1Mbps unlimited connection for 1000 bucks yaar, don't expect more than dat.... 🙁

1Mbps purely unlimited connection for about 200-300 bucks should be the correct price with 80% bandwidth guaranteed minimum. And 99.9999% uptime.

^^^What was dat???? Sushubh its in Japan and not India... 🙂and if ur reaction was for Max's comment then keep dreaming.... 🙁

ROFL@ Max. That dude surely is a prime example of a guy who does not like Indian Ispz. I am sure the grand kids generation will surely get to see 1 Mbps at 200 or 300 Bucks with 80% speed gurantee and 99% uptime...😛

that will never happen, because by the time of our grandkids, Rs. 200 would be like Rs. 20 today.

LC, its very much possible. Reliance, TATAs, Mittal are all sitting on TONs of international bandwidth. Reliance has like 100Mbps local loop in most places CAN provide a huge quantity of bandwidth at cheap prices. While TATA and Airtel are using DSL for their local loop and last mile connectivity which can give upto 24Mbps per user. So technically we can get 1Mbps very easily on our DSL connection. Only problem is that these AHs wont offer us such speeds at 200-300 bucks a month. And for those nitpickers, ISPs aren't charged BY VOLUME they are charged by the CONNECT SPEED 😛