100mbps Internet In Japan!

Amuthan

US Broadband rox!
[OP]
Regulars
Dec 14, 2005
Look at Yahoo! Broadband in Japan... Yahoo! Broadband Japan

They offer 100Mbps / 100Mbps leased line Internet Connection for Home Users...!!! :wacko:

I saw a person using this Connection post in a Forum that he gets speeds of only 60Mbps during Peak hours and Off - Peak hours he gets speeds upto 1Gbps....!!! :wacko:

And its true.. The reason is that Japan Telecom has planned to bring Gigabit Network right to homes in Japan. So now an apartment will have a 1Gbps Internet Connection that will be splitted to the inmates to 100Mbps/100Mbps....

Also Nippon Telecom of Japan have tested sending files of 14TB/s (Terabytes) which include 104 High Definition - DVD's over a distance of 160Kms..... Awesome Japanese....

I wish our fellow Indians could also make atleast Mbps speeds affordable for us!!! :unsure:

With the announcement of Mr.Dhayanidhi Maran - Union Minister for Information & Broadcasting..... that 256kbps Broadband will be a thing of the past... and giving Unlimited Speeds I hope India can get into the Mbps Broadband Spectrum.. Moreover.. I doubt how much speeds has the Govt. planned to give us? Whats the cost gonna be? Anyone has any idea abt this? I know there aren't any official releases abt this issue... But any unofficial snippets??? :p

Regards,
Amu

blr_p

Regulars
Regulars
May 26, 2005
Yeah, those speeds work provided you are pulling from a server that can serve very fast. So your jap sites will load up very fast, when you go overseas it takes a bit longer unless all you use are jap sites.So 100Mbs is really 10-20 effective Mbs, assuming servers can even manage that.Personally it woudl be nice to have 1Mbps, i get by pretty well on just 256k...and more important than speed is a reliable connection.

cyberwiz

Regulars
Mar 11, 2005
Delhi
Forget Japan, Hong Kong has launched 1 Gbps !! :eek:

smartbuddy_82

Regulars
Regulars
Dec 4, 2005
In India we are busy fighting and rioting everyday for upper caste, lower caste, reservations etc etc.... :angry:Atleast give 1Mbps unlimited connection for 1000 bucks yaar, don't expect more than dat.... :(

max

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 6, 2005
1Mbps purely unlimited connection for about 200-300 bucks should be the correct price with 80% bandwidth guaranteed minimum. And 99.9999% uptime.

smartbuddy_82

Regulars
Regulars
Dec 4, 2005
^^^What was dat???? Sushubh its in Japan and not India... :)and if ur reaction was for Max's comment then keep dreaming.... :(