• Views Views 15,492

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Plans

So called up their number... 9911334433 and was told that the plans on the website are the actual plans.

I suppose they are not that bad 😕

Unlimited Upto 3.0 mbps( 2279/-) Upto 3.0 mbps 1999.00

But with unknown reliability factor, I am guessing I would stick to Airtel for the time being.

Anyone in Gurgaon using them? I believe they are based in Sector 17.

Last edited:
@x720 what do you think they are using for delivery of services? 10mbps i suppose can be delivered through ethernet cables hanging from one tree to another?

Either co-ax (cable used by tv chaps) or Ethernet. The latter seems more likely though. Chances of it being underground are very less. So, what you've said sums it up.

2k for 3 mbps is pretty decent, given the options we have here.

With Ethernet you're at the mercy of power backup wherever their switch is. Not like rcom is great in that regard, but still [emoji14]

there is zero mention of touchnet on the forum so looks hard that i can find an existing customer :\ would try to find out if they have a local office in my sector that i can visit and at least get a demo.

But you guys have the best option reliance available there in Gurgaon. Why even bother with this. If reliance was available in Faridabad in my area, I would definitely go for it as a secondary connection for heavy heavy 24/7 usage.

reliance is my primary connection. and it goes down for hours and days occasionally. i am looking for a secondary connection that can replace airtel which is super expensive.

I had heard that local cable operators in Gurgaon also provide good net and its cheap and unlimited , the only problem being the reliability. We have IRIISNET in Faridabad Sector 14 And Axn in sector 15A which are like clones of tikona because they provide radionet like tikona which is highly unstable and their service is very poor .

Reliance has stopped expanding wireline in Gurgaon a long time ago. I live in a relatively new apartment complex with no hope of getting rcom wired 🙁

Meanwhile spectranet seems to have finished wiring. Quite tempted to try out the 1200 50mbps no fup plan. Only catch is installation costs 5k and I think payment needs to be made quarterly. Not keen on spending ~10k on something that might not work well.

@x720 what do you think they are using for delivery of services? 10mbps i suppose can be delivered through ethernet cables hanging from one tree to another?

Don't rely on hanging cables. They are unreliable and bound to give you major problems.

If you are looking for reliability. Then look for underground DSL/Fiber cables.

my reliance is coming to my house hanging on the tree from the other side of the tree because their underground wiring to my house is damaged. of course, this is pretty small distance compared to how cable internet providers offer their services.

i have no fiber option in my area. touchnet was basically the only new player that appeared out of nowhere in a long time so was checking out this option.

have played with all three dsl options... bsnl/airtel/reliance.

Reliance has stopped expanding wireline in Gurgaon a long time ago. I live in a relatively new apartment complex with no hope of getting rcom wired 🙁

Meanwhile spectranet seems to have finished wiring. Quite tempted to try out the 1200 50mbps no fup plan. Only catch is installation costs 5k and I think payment needs to be made quarterly. Not keen on spending ~10k on something that might not work well.

Reliance is not expanding anymore in Delhi too. RCom told me they will soon lay cables in my area. That was in 2010. And it didn't happen even after 5 years.

my reliance is coming to my house hanging on the tree from the other side of the tree because their underground wiring to my house is damaged. of course, this is pretty small distance compared to how cable internet providers offer their services.

i have no fiber option in my area. touchnet was basically the only new player that appeared out of nowhere in a long time so was checking out this option.

have played with all three dsl options... bsnl/airtel/reliance.

Any cable farther than 100m from EDP box is bound to give you problems.

You can try Cable Internet if you're really desperate. But its unreliable in my opinion.

I am using Touchnet India 4 MBPS connection for last fews days, but not getting even 1 mbps. Sometimes there is no internet. I called customer care several times but nothing happened.
Horrible experience with this kind of service provider. They are not Internet Service Provider they actually cheat people. Cheating is their actual business.

BEWARE OF TOUCH NET INDIA (GURGAON)

Been using Touchnet since 1 month now in Sec 46, Gurgaon. Must say they delivered more than I expected from an unknown ISP of their sorts. The speed is consistent 3 Mbps and the connection is very stable with zero disruption till now. After using tripleplay in U block for more almost 2 yrs, it seems a worthy alternative in sec 46.

I have used Touchnet for about a year, 5 years ago in sector 39, Gurgaon
They provide static IP, and the ethernet cable no ADSL cable. It worked like a charm for 7-8 months but soon the wires started to break, the speed became slow.
PROS:
Billing service at the doorstep.
Quick response, generally withing 2 hours the technician will call you. But he might take days to repair.

CONS:
Thier wires are not reliable.

I think now they provide wireless connections. So, I can't say anything about it.