• Thread starter Thread starter max
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,213

max

Regulars
ISP
MTNL
I find the posts by Newsman very annoying so I put him in my ignore list. But his entries still show up when I click "New Posts". Its very annoying to see his entries in the list of new posts despite the fact i've "ignored" him... 🙁 Is there any solution to my problem?

well... i have limited his posts to just one particular forum to make the mess cleaner for you guys. but new posts would indeed show all the new posts.

vb does not seem to have an option to ignore posts in a particular forum while checking the new posts...

posted the question on vB...

hide posts from a particular user? - vBulletin Community Forum

let's see if they have a solution.

i have added newsman to this particular setting interestingly named: Tachy goes to Coventry. Does not seem to be working.

ooh. check and tell if it works for you now?

hmm. that blocks the posts from google/guests as well 😛

would have to remove that option sadly...

i always thought newsman was some kind of bot u had sushubh which posts newsfeeds from somewhere else.. is it not??

its a bot alright. but it still behaves like a member posting. they data is posted automatically from a rss feed. i am considering removing the system but the point is that the forum would get few new threads a day and some of these stories do end up becoming a talking point for members on the forum. of course most of them are non-relevant... i never thought it would be hard to ignore posts from a single username in a single forum... 🙂ok. i did find a plugin which would have solved the problem.it does not work with this latest update though. should be fixed in a matter of days. i will keep an eye on that. 😀

Umm...sushubh, it doesnt work! 🙁 I still am able to see the posts by Newsman when I search for new posts... Atleast push his post last i.e. at the end of the search result so that people's posts can be seen first and then all posts by newsman. It'll atleast give the user a choice whether he/she wants to read the news.

arey told ya. i tried out the plugin but it seems to be not working on this version of the forum...i have monitoring that thread on the vb.com forum and would install that as soon as the compatible version is released.that plugin would let members ignore a particular forum (news discussion in this case) from new posts... 🙂

On a related note, RSS feeds now only show new threads. Earlier they used to show new posts as well. Is it something that is controlled by options?

ah right. i would have to manually change the external.php file... no options. manual modification to the core file... that would have to be fixed on every update to the forum 😀

Thanks for looking into this, hopefully VB will make it a GUI controlled option in a later release.

No, added the feed to Opera to make sure it is downloaded from scratch. It still still showing only the first posts from threads.

for that newsman cant u filter down the feeds that it posts here with some keywords so that they become more relevant to this forum?