• Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,065

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Nephew going to US. He calls his chacha for help. Chacha has never gone to US. Hence clueless. Help?

Search for a step down converter. 220/240V to 110V.

Though laptops and phones run across 100-240V, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Upvote 0
gave him the same link lol. the reviews indicate that it might not work well with heavy chargers like the one that ships with macbooks.

Upvote 0
Replacement Part 922-9173 Macbook/Pro/Air US-CAN Power Adapter Extension Cord for APPLE: Amazon.in: Computers & Accessories

Above will work with macbook pro charger and he can charge iPhone through USB on macbook pro.

TARGUS WORLD TRAVEL ADAPTER/APK01AP-50 - Targus : Flipkart.com

Targus is cheaper but looks flimsy to me.

Better way will be to just visit Gaffar market (Delhi) and buy a simple conversion plus. I bought US to Indian plug for Rs 20 from there. I guess Indian to US may also be available there for around the same price.

Upvote 0
US to Indian is easy to get here in India 🙂 I use them even in Indian power strips that have holes too large for stupid mobile and router chargers that do not fit in properly lol.

Upvote 0
Search for a step down converter. 220/240V to 110V.

Though laptops and phones run across 100-240V, so that shouldn't be an issue.

In case it matters, I have used this (not exactly this but this is a generic adapter) several times and it has worked well for HP laptops I have carried and phone chargers (iPhone and Xiaomi) in US and UK

Upvote 0