Uing DATAONE with existing VSAT network

• Thread starter Thread starter hiteshkkk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,653

hiteshkkk

hi all!!i want clarification on some of my queries as follows:-1. i have an internal office network of 5 pcs connected thru switch. thers also a VSAT router connected to my network which i use it for online trading. now, i wnat to know that is it possible to access the VSAT network as well as internet simaltaneously?my router ip is 10.20.16.17 & subnet is 255.255.255.240 which is set by HCL Comnet and cant be changed. i have to address other 5 pcs serially from 10.20.16.18 to 23 with the same subnet. also, on the machines (2/5) which connects to the VSAT network, the gateway needs to be set as 10.20.16.17. in this scenario, i cant change my addressing system. still, can i use dataone on all the pcs with a broadband router? will usb adsl modem be a proper solution? how do we connect to net using router, i mean ip addressing.. pls clear my confusions...2. if i get modem from market n not from bsnl, will they provide splitter? if not, from where and at what cost can i procure it?thanks in anticipation of solution...hitesh

Welcome hitesh, 😀1. I guess that is possible but its very complicated and troublesome. When the IP, etc. is hard coded like u have, it's really a paining attempt to set up another connection without sacrificing/messing up existing configuration.2. Splitter comes packed with ADSL modem.

Originally posted by agnivo007@Jun 3 2005, 05:56 PM
Welcome hitesh, 😀

1. I guess that is possible but its very complicated and troublesome. When the IP, etc. is hard coded like u have, it's really a paining attempt to set up another connection without sacrificing/messing up existing configuration.

2. Splitter comes packed with ADSL modem.
[snapback]11247[/snapback]
[/quote]

thanks dear... u r really a cool chap!!! i had read abt u... even i m somewhat like u.. i had my comp business at the age of 18 n have practical knowledge rather than bookish knowledge...

further, i wud lik if u can help in following that PAINING ATTEMPT so that i can do both the things.... i like to play with the networks..

maybe, let my broadband connection come (lets hope they do it by next week) then we will be in position to discuss it...

thats it for now...

again thanks a lot..

bye...

Thank you for ur kind words...Find me on Y! messenger.ID : agnivo007 😀But don't give out ur cell# like that ! U might get spam/irrelevant calls 😱 .Could have sent a PM to me ! 😉