• Thread starter Thread starter cyberwiz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 4,004

cyberwiz

Member since 2005
ISP
Jio Fiber @ 150 Mbps
Guys, MTNL fellas seem to be discovering new tricks by each passing day..first they managed to do port binding..now they have discovered the option in their RAS's of disconnecting the subscriber at regular intervals.
I am getting disconnected regularly at 12 hourly intervals..not a big issue except my VoIP accounts for some reason refuse to register once that happens..

Anybody else facing the disconnection thingy..or is it only me 😱

http://imageshack.us

oh! i just noticed this. here in mumbai they have done it 6hrs! that is disconnect user every 6hrs. i normally disconncet when i dont use net. but many a times i notice i get disconnected automatically. and now i noticed there are many sessions with EXACT 6 hr period.so yes u r right they have implemented that. but i think this is done for reducing load on system in my mind. i dont know how it relates to any kind of security.may be so that user cant use 1 single IP for say days or weeks.update:yup 6 hrs confirmed. i asked my friend who keeps net on for fullday. he has plenty of 6hr sessions. other friend who has fixed IP even he has many 6hr sessions.

Yeah its a bit irritating for ppl who have 24 hr net usage..i have to manage the disconnections so that they dont happen when VoIP calls are coming in..Earlier i used to remain logged on for weeks at a stretch.. even a month once w/o any d/c.. Six hrs is crazy man..i wud switch ISP if it was done here..

i wudnt switch even if i used it for 24hrs. u dont get such a stable ISP.

^ Doesnt want speeds greater than 64 Kbps -- Is content with 1 GB -- Wouldnt change ISP for anything -Gandhi of the internet Age ? 😛

lol. thanks

well I noticed this 12 hour thing s few days bak. I was trying to keep my router on so that if I switch it on in NU period like 7:55am and switch it off in NU period like(12:05 am) so that usage during the whole of day might not be chargedHowever MTNL auto starts a new session after exactly 12 hours( i dont know if they disconnect u) but session is new after 12 hrs.

Well my modem reboots every then and now(after 2 mbps upgrade)! Dial a number from tel to boost the signal and it resync again.

However MTNL auto starts a new session after exactly 12 hours( i dont know if they disconnect u) but session is new after 12 hrs.

here it disconnects (but my system reconnects).

may be he doesnt use net for 6hr straight or has disconnection prob b4 it reaches 6hrs

are u on NU? have u scheduled ur modem/comp to reconnect little after 00:00 AM? may be thats why u get d/c as i have noticed disconnections every 6hrs. and confirmed it too by not disconnecting internet for 6hrs.

I found that even If I disable Ethernet just after 12 sec .MTNL considers one session for around 6:55 sec or 6:56 .Can anybody tell me why ?Also How can I match my PC clock with MTNL clock ?