Airtel Broadband: Anyone faced problems with VPN and Wifi.

• Thread starter Thread starter atyagi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 11,296

atyagi

ISP
Airtel
I have been using Airtel connection (RB Comtec modem) with my office VPN for quiet some time without facing any issues. Now I want to switch to WIFI. For this I will have to switch to the Airtel Beetel modem and a router. But the technician advised that I would not be able to use vpn once I switch to wifi. He said this happens because in wifi The router gets the dynamic ip instead of the system (in case of modem). Can anybody make sense out of this? Have you people used office vpn with wifi? Is there a way out of this? thanks,Amit

you are talking about wifi, my doesnt work at all.. it keeps on just connecting!:madness:

Are you on airtel ? Does your router work both as a modem and router or you have to connect it to a DSL modem first?

Currently I am using VSNL over an MTNL leased line. I get a Lan drop so do not need a DSL modem any more.

With MTNL, i used to connect Netgear AP to DSL modem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got installed Beetel 450 BXi modem installed on Saturday, just to find out that VPN will not work over this wirelss modem, and Airtel broadband and telephony services does not have any responsibility for providing VPN over wireless to its customer in Delhi/NCR regions. They want me to switch back to beetel 220BX wired modem....if i want to use my VPN...this is what told to me straight! told by the engineers.............it'll support the vpn provided by airtel though..............

I also have 450 BXI modem. The only way to get it work right now (which I was able to try) is Bridge Mode and then a dialer for Airtel, and then you VPN dialer. VPN doesnt seem to work in PPoE, neither in 450 BXI, nor in 220 BX / BXI