Zee Channels Issue on Tata Sky

santosh_akela

ISP
Airtel 100 mbps
HI ALL,Iam really concerned abt the non availability of zee sports,as in the future zee sports and ten sports are going to get merged,and there will be a case that we have to miss some cricket action shown on these channels.As all know Neo sports is already missing & zee sports too.this is really killing us The cricket lovers.

We really need to kill cricket 😀

i dont think zee has bought over any rights for cricket broadcast. indian rights are with neo (and DD) and overseas mostly star-espn. so dont think Tata Sky viewers wud miss any matches atleast in near future.P.S. thats why zee thought of starting its on league matches. u might miss those though!

i dont think zee has bought over any rights for cricket broadcast. indian rights are with neo (and DD) and overseas mostly star-espn. so dont think Tata Sky viewers wud miss any matches atleast in near future.

P.S. thats why zee thought of starting its on league matches. u might miss those though!

Zee Sports does have rights for india's matches when it is playing in neutral venue for eg., last yr malasyian series which included india, aus & WI. Similarly in the month of june zee sports will telecast the Indo - SA matches of 3 oneday international to be played in ireland.

Zee sports may not have the rights to indian cricket but they do have rights for the neutral ones involving many good teams. Besides they also show serie a , uefa cup and the carling cup. The merger with ten sports will take them in a different league as ten sports already has an impressive package of their own. With trai bringing in regulations like interconnection agreements and pricing of channels on a-la-carte basis and flexibility of packaging of channels , the dth operators will need to carry all channels as they wouldn't want to miss out on customers due to non availability of certain channels.

dth ops cant carry all channels. for eg Tata Sky has i think 9 transponders so each transponder can carry abt 12-15 channels and max 20 with mpeg4 compression so max 180 channels. but i dont think 180 wud be enough with so many channels coming up.sun wud be lucky as it doesnt need any transponders for FTA channels.

They dropped 13 channels without intimation whereas they formally announce when they add even a single channel. On top of that they claim that zee’s feed is not up to mark. I look like they are not interested in carrying the zee channels, neither do they want to provide any choice to the subscribers to pick & choose.

they gave choice of package but then stupidly based on hindi and english. so if i want star movies or hbo i cant go for family pack but so called super saver pack which is infact costliest package LOL.

dth ops cant carry all channels. for eg Tata Sky has i think 9 transponders so each transponder can carry abt 12-15 channels and max 20 with mpeg4 compression so max 180 channels. but i dont think 180 wud be enough with so many channels coming up.

sun wud be lucky as it doesnt need any transponders for FTA channels.

tatasky have 12 transponders .... Sun will be getting just 7...

well sun doesnt need to carry FTA channels on its transponders as DD DTH (5 total) is also moving to same satellite. plus if sun is smart they can have mutual tie up with zee dth as dishtv satellite is also almost at same angle so atleast zee channels can be given directly without carrying on personal transponders.

HI guys.Today i saw a news aying that MPEG-4 decoding box is twice costly compared to MPEG-2 boxes. As it is less in production. If SUN DIRECT is released in MPEG-4 then how can they manage to sell a costlier set top box. One more thing is that if sun direct goes for MPEG-4 decoding then such box will not contain any NDS slot as that of Tata Sky and dish tv.

well sun doesnt need to carry FTA channels on its transponders as DD DTH (5 total) is also moving to same satellite. plus if sun is smart they can have mutual tie up with zee dth as dishtv satellite is also almost at same angle so atleast zee channels can be given directly without carrying on personal transponders.
They can access FTA channels of DD DTH(who themsef have patheticn number of channels) but they will not be able to access any channels from other satellite... With a small dish(which they will give to users like tatsky and dishtv) even a 1 degree of difference is more than enough to stop user access channel from any other satellite... Plus Sun will be using mpeg4 for compression so it means they need to have mpeg4 recievers for the dishes... Regular recievers, which r used to recieve signals by Tata Sky and dishtv will not work...