Zee Channels Issue on Tata Sky

santosh_akela

[OP]
Feb 3, 2007
HI ALL,Iam really concerned abt the non availability of zee sports,as in the future zee sports and ten sports are going to get merged,and there will be a case that we have to miss some cricket action shown on these channels.As all know Neo sports is already missing & zee sports too.this is really killing us The cricket lovers.

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
i dont think zee has bought over any rights for cricket broadcast. indian rights are with neo (and DD) and overseas mostly star-espn. so dont think tatasky viewers wud miss any matches atleast in near future.P.S. thats why zee thought of starting its on league matches. u might miss those though!

ajuravi007

Regulars
Regulars
Aug 11, 2006
i dont think zee has bought over any rights for cricket broadcast. indian rights are with neo (and DD) and overseas mostly star-espn. so dont think tatasky viewers wud miss any matches atleast in near future.

P.S. thats why zee thought of starting its on league matches. u might miss those though!

Zee Sports does have rights for india's matches when it is playing in neutral venue for eg., last yr malasyian series which included india, aus & WI. Similarly in the month of june zee sports will telecast the Indo - SA matches of 3 oneday international to be played in ireland.

maahkaal

Regulars
Regulars
Feb 6, 2006
Zee sports may not have the rights to indian cricket but they do have rights for the neutral ones involving many good teams. Besides they also show serie a , uefa cup and the carling cup. The merger with ten sports will take them in a different league as ten sports already has an impressive package of their own. With trai bringing in regulations like interconnection agreements and pricing of channels on a-la-carte basis and flexibility of packaging of channels , the dth operators will need to carry all channels as they wouldn't want to miss out on customers due to non availability of certain channels.

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
dth ops cant carry all channels. for eg tatasky has i think 9 transponders so each transponder can carry abt 12-15 channels and max 20 with mpeg4 compression so max 180 channels. but i dont think 180 wud be enough with so many channels coming up.sun wud be lucky as it doesnt need any transponders for FTA channels.

rishisingh

Regulars
Mar 12, 2007
They dropped 13 channels without intimation whereas they formally announce when they add even a single channel. On top of that they claim that zee’s feed is not up to mark. I look like they are not interested in carrying the zee channels, neither do they want to provide any choice to the subscribers to pick & choose.

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
they gave choice of package but then stupidly based on hindi and english. so if i want star movies or hbo i cant go for family pack but so called super saver pack which is infact costliest package LOL.