1 Ton Inverter AC

• Thread starter Thread starter a.c
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 1,636

a.c

ISP
Excitel
My samsung 1.5 Ton (Non Inverter) AC died. There is a minor leakage somewhere and peoply are suggesting to change the coil of indoor unit.

Looking for a new 1 Ton Split Inverter AC.
Nothing fancy but should be 5 star and a 2021 model. Could not find details about Voltas 2021 models online.
I checked sanyo which was the most reviewed on Amazon. Looks to be good.

Open to suggestions.

Quick question. Two rooms in my home have a 3 year old Hitachi 1 ton AC (top of the line at that time). They advertise that the compressor is a variable RPM one.
What it does it as you increase the temperature it reduces RPM thereby reducing the electricity usage.

Doubt is won't every inverter AC have this feature, as that is how the inverter compressors work.
Whats the use of adjustable inverter AC then? Since if I want cooling in other AC I can reduce the temperature and cooling increases thereby increasing electricity cost, but once its cooled I can reduce the set temp, thereby reducing RPM and electricity usage.
Or am I missing something? Other than setting the compressor tonnage in abosolute value does these dual inverter AC offer anything more?

Upvote 0
What it does it as you increase the temperature it reduces RPM thereby reducing the electricity usage.
In gen 1 inv ac(Hitachi), the inv won't kick in unless you increase the temps. In gen 2 inv ac, once the desired temp is reached, the compressor automatically reduces speed and maintains temperature without shutting down. You don't need to adjust the rpm, ac does it for you. This leads to more lower savings as the temperature window is very less in new ac unlike old ones where after feeling warm you reduce temp, then increase and the cycle continues.

Other than setting the compressor tonnage in abosolute value does these dual inverter AC offer anything more?
Higher savings. In single inv like in Voltas, Marq, the compressor shuts off if power consumption goes below 400W. In LG, you can go to as low as 170W before it shuts off. So your compressor won't turn on-off regularly unlike in single inv ac.

Upvote 0
Quick question. Two rooms in my home have a 3 year old Hitachi 1 ton AC (top of the line at that time). They advertise that the compressor is a variable RPM one.

Doubt is won't every inverter AC have this feature, as that is how the inverter compressors work.
Whats the use of adjustable inverter AC then? Since if I want cooling in other AC I can reduce the temperature and cooling increases thereby increasing electricity cost, but once its cooled I can reduce the set temp, thereby reducing RPM and electricity usage.
Or am I missing something? Other than setting the compressor tonnage in abosolute value does these dual inverter AC offer anything more?
all dual and triple inverter rotary compresser based ac follows same technology

Upvote 0