1 Ton Inverter AC

• Thread starter Thread starter a.c
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 1,618

a.c

ISP
Excitel
My samsung 1.5 Ton (Non Inverter) AC died. There is a minor leakage somewhere and peoply are suggesting to change the coil of indoor unit.

Looking for a new 1 Ton Split Inverter AC.
Nothing fancy but should be 5 star and a 2021 model. Could not find details about Voltas 2021 models online.
I checked sanyo which was the most reviewed on Amazon. Looks to be good.

Open to suggestions.

Don’t go for 1 ton. You can buy samsung or LG convertible 1.5 ton inverter ac and change the tonnage according to your need

Reactions: a.c
Upvote 0
Budget?
Sanyo is handled by Panasonic so the wuality is good. Bu sanyo is pure online. You won't find any unit at a retail store.
Also since your previous model was 1.5, why do you want to go for 1 ton?

Upvote 0
I feel like 1 Ton would be sufficient. But @Rickysin point makes sense. When we say change the tonnage is it like we can hardlimit it? Or do you mean like raise the ac temp and tonnage reduces?
Budget can be upto 40k (+/- a few k) though the cheaper the better.

Previous was 1.5 Ton from our old home (the unit is 8+ years old) we have constructed our house and moved to all 1 Ton units/room expect the old ones. But it does make sense that inverter can reduce tonnage so can go with 1.5 also

Upvote 0
It extreme heat of delhi during June July the ac runs from anywhere around 6 hrs on average per day. Usually around the 28-30 mark once cooled. The above ac I'm looking for is the one in our living room, so it won't be running over night.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When we say change the tonnage is it like we can hardlimit it?
Hardlimit it when ac in operation. For instance, in LG running at 80% efficiency means the compressor runs at 1.2 ton by reducing the speed and thereby tonnage. Hence the word "variable" compressor.
Also, do you intend to run the ac only for the months of June, July?

Upvote 0
Not but thats the max it runs for. In Jun-July the avg hours/day is around 5-6. Whereas in remaining months it goes down to 3-4 (sometimes even less).
AC will still run from March end/Apr to October.

Upvote 0
I am skeptical if you would be able to truly utilise the benefits of an inverter ac. The benefits are seen when you run for extended duration (8+ hours). Running for Max 6 hours and that too during summers means you won't be able to get the desired benefits of power saving. That is my two cents.
If you still intend to go for one, there's Daikin(@Sushubh may chip in with his experience), Voltas(@Samuel ) LG(ask me if you have any query) and Panasonic.
For non-inv, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries(do enquire about the after sales support in your area), Hitachi, O'general, Panasonic.
For after sales services, LG, Voltas, Panasonic top the charts. I cannot comment on other brands, no experience with them.

Upvote 0
feel like 1 Ton would be sufficient.
This is not entirely true. Do you have any of the sides facing the sun? Also, how many members would be present in the living room while using the AC. This could be one factor which could swing in favour of Inv ac since you can reduce the tonnage if less members and increase it if more. Also, it takes care if you have sides facing the sun.
Keep into account external heat sources(Sun, residual heat) and internal heat(members, kitchen next to living room) to determine the tonnage. @Rickysin can share his experience with a lower tonnage ac for his room.

Upvote 0
Makes sense about the 8+ hours case, though I will still prefer to go with inverter AC.
No sides facing sun. 3 Floors above my floor. Living room will have max 4 people. Next to kitchen? Yup.
I am now looking for 1.5 Ton or those 1.3 Ton (which go upto 1.5). Will check the local dealers once for pricing.
Mostly looking at Voltas Maha Convertible series and LG Dual Inverter Ac.

Upvote 0
Yup, 1.5 ton would make sense. I don't recall anyone giving a convertible ac with 1 ton. I too was looking for this exact feature as my roon suffices with 1.2 ton. Only Japanese brands would give with 1.2 ton, not sure with adjustable tonnage.
So I went for LG 1.5 ton and use it at 0.9 ton after room has been cooled.

Upvote 0
My friend has an LG 1.5 ton dual inverter AC. It runs for about 20 hours in a day, unit consumption is 300+

I asked him to give me an exact figure, because 300+ could be 399 as well. Lol

Upvote 0
Only buy 1 ton inverter ac if your room does not have any walls with direct sunlight.

do not install 1 ton ac on roof top room.

Also inverter ac benifits starts if it is run continuously for more than 8 hours.
If your usage is like 4-6 hours then better go for non-inverter ac

Upvote 0