• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3,417

Amuthan

US Broadband rox!
ISP
Airtel Broadband - 512 Kbps NU (India) + Comcast 50 Mbps
Hey guyz,
After a loooooong wait what we get is crappy 1 Mbps line with 2 Gig Data limit.... How enticing???????? :madness:

:: Airtel :: Broadband Services - Tariffs - For You

I just don't know when will those stupid marketing team learn their lessons that even normal browsing for 2 hours would amount to 30MB.... (Atleast for me it does!! 😛)

Alrite here's what happend:

My monthly bill just arrived today with "Airtel Times" (supposedly a newsletter from craptel)... In that it was all bragging about the 8Mbps plans limited to Metros... and there were 3 new plans.... out of which this one was very enticing... So I just wanted to know if Airtel had some plans to introduce Night Unlimited for this plan... So I called CC... A guy picked up and he was totally expecting the word "PLAN MIGRATION" from me... Whenever I asked him whether he knew abt tht plan he'd say "So you want to migrate your plan right?" I'd say "Hello, I'm not migrating any thing... I just want plan details... I am not migrating to anything.... is that clear?" He'd say "Yes" but again come to the same point. So I got fed up of this guy n said "Ok dude, here's the deal, if you can explain me clearly abt this plan I might migrate to it" All of a sudden he pauses for a second... gives me a number 43***** and asks me to call that number for getting my phone plan migrated!!!!! :madness: I said... "Dammitt!! I'm gonna call my local airtel rep!" and hung up! Later when I called the local guy he sez no NU on any plans... So yet another crappy plan from Airtel!!!

Here are my questions for those who got a backdoor into Airtel's tech/mktg team:

1. Is there NU coming up for plans 1/2/8 Mbps?
2. When are they planning to launch this plan?
3. When will they eventually launch a plan that suffices heavy downloaders like us?

That's all for now... and we could discuss about the plan's pluses and minuses!

Cheers,
Amuthan.

you dont need any backdoor for answering these questions.. just look over their current plans and anyone would answer your questions 😀 1) No2) Never3) Never 🙁

i think airtel launched these strange plans just to make bsnl calm down and not launch their killer plans to beat their backsides

Now BSNL will have to launch something to compete. Eventually we will get the plans we want this year! Or start of next year!

I really appreciate the degree of optimism Crazysah has about getting the plans we wish!!! 😛 Dude... snap out!!!! 😕I'd suggest that if Airtel introduced a Night Unlimited on any of the 1/2/8 Mbps plans then I'd go for them... But the Night Unlimited should be from 9PM to 9AM.... and top-up charges should not exceed Rs.299/399/599 for 1/2/8 Mbit respectively!!! But I don't see this happening anytime till mid 2008 or start 2009.... I really want airtel to increase their b***dy data caps frm 2GB to atleast 30 GB per month... or even 20GB per month... like hosting accounts!!! 😉 But it'd be perfect if Airtel gave like 2 Mbps for Rs.999 with 60GB download! I download not more than that! Then I'd recommend Airtel to all the people in my area!!! 😛 Airtel howz my deal???

most parts of the world get atleast 5 Mbps Downstream/2 Mbps Upstream for less than Rs.1600...that too fiber optic...

^^^ On behalf of airtel representatives : Go to hell We are already looting people nicely 😀 !I am sure no isp will provide any sane 2 mbps UL plan until end of 2008 . And vishalrao and crazyshah need to come out of dreamland ( no insult intended 🙂 ) .. its almost frustrating to see people brag about bsnl plans in almost all threads when there is no proof of any such news . Mark my words even if bsnl starts 8 mbps in jan it would have insane data caps like airtel has . Being optimistic is good till a certain point , after that it just leads to frustration when nothing is acquired 🙂 . Currently only TATA is providing a unlimited 1 mbps which is not as ridiculus as these plans . However that one is pathetic as well including all service charges and everything it should be well above 4 k and let alone customer grievances reported against TATA .

Enough of all these nonsense... I say its high time to set loose the local loop... Come on TRAI... Don't be such a pain in the arse to both the ISP and the consumers!!! :madness: