1 Gbps for Hong Kong home users!

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 5,204
WT*#%^*& 😱 I guess I need to find a job in honk kong now 😛

WIth a name ending in 007 you aint to much of a Bond are you? heheI'm guessing it will have GENEROUS data limits, if any, such as 500 GB per month for the 10mbps plan, its gotta be hgher for the 100 and 1000 mbps... cmon the Chinese arent as stupid as we are...

Before you laff at my 500 gb limit claim, I said that number coz I saw a offer in the UK (in some other article) for 8mbps with a 500gb limit per month for around 80 UKP (pounds) per month...

Originally posted by vishalrao@Apr 25 2005, 05:08 PM
Before you laff at my 500 gb limit claim, I said that number coz I saw a offer in the UK (in some other article) for 8mbps with a 500gb limit per month for around 80 UKP (pounds) per month...
[snapback]8448[/snapback]
[/quote]

bulldog is offering 4mbps with unlimited u/l and d/l for just pound 19.95 with this connection and assuming a 24/7 connection one can d/load more than 1100GB per month 😀 pupudada

i wonder what it is like to experience surfing/downloading at speeds of true real mbps (not artificial)...downloading will be a breeze i believe...seems a dream as of now... 🤔

Absolutely NOT !!! 😀And the link requires us to register !!! :angry:

Originally posted by vishalrao@Apr 24 2005, 09:51 PM
See http://www.convergedigest.com/Bandwidth/ne...le.asp?ID=14545 (saw this on Slashdork today)

Also, 100 mbps for $34 and 10 mbps for $16 ... SYMMETRIC!

I think I will shoot myself due to depression now... boohoo

When will I get these kind of speeds at home?! Maybe my great-grandkids...
[snapback]8404[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes, you notice the small countries that are densely populated have these sort of crazy speeds, why stop at HK, look to S.Korea...it is the country with the highest broadband penetration in the world. Netherlands, Japan, Sweden as well. So when you think about it, its actually quite atttractive to wire these places up and there is a quick ROI. The only large country that has good internet is Canada, really well planned out.

A big country like India has similar problems like that they have in the US, large large country, and not cheap to replace aging equipment.

Heh its only in the big cities that they have decent speeds. Try going out to the smaller towns and if you're not close to a major highway, train line or happen to live more than 2 miles from a phone exchange (no DSL), and the cable company does not offer it, you are out of luck.

Originally posted by vishalrao@Jun 2 2005, 03:55 AM
Even a freakin backward place like England with their Queens and Police-without-guns has such hi-fi broadband!
[snapback]11073[/snapback]
[/quote]

Heh, this is the part i never could quite understand with the Brits, since it was a Brit that actually invented the Web (while working at CERN in geneva). I put it down to monoplisitc BT squishing any real competition.

Oh...and the part about bobies with no guns, is this...

If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns. If you arm the police then the criminals have a good reason to arm themselves ie self-defense. You will see more violent crime this way and gun crime is lower relatively speaking compared to countries that have armed cops.

Having said that, quite a few families of slain officers in the UK had petitioned for arming the police and they have a Rapid response armed section that gets called whenever they are faced with a gun situation. But the bobby on the street is still unarmed.

I found the boobies inthe UK quite approchable as opposed to the armed to the teeth cops in NYC.