1 connection for 2 PC's

• Thread starter Thread starter barani6600
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 6,226

barani6600

ISP
BSNL
I am using Home 500 plan.I have 2 PC's in my home , at present the Broadband connection is given to only one system. so i want to share the connection with both the systems. so i don't have the idea for connecting the systems...so plz give solution for sharing the connection. also want to know about the hardware required... i have Ethernet card on both the systems,cable/wires etc..but dont have the hub/switch etcWill download speed gets reduced when using on both the systems?

please see this link . it explains sharing internet in detail .

the speed gets shared along with sharing of the internet !

Welcome to Broadbandforum.in.1.Please mention the modem type you are using. 2.Have you programmed each computer independently to the Internet and tested both?3. If your modem has Lan port (to computer A)and USB port (to Computer B) .try first.

1 . deleted.
2.Easy method to connect two computers is to buy a router. If you are having a laptop get a wireless router. Present modem supplied by BSNl ( or Beetel 220BxAdsl2+modem)/will work in conjunction with the router.
3. Hard way . Few references given below. I read about 20 web sites last night including Microsoft KB ( Knowledge Base) web sites. Google search " connect two computers to Internet"

What's the difference between a Hub, a Switch and a Router? - Ask Leo!
Connecting Two PCs Using an USB-USB Cable | Hardware Secrets etc

ya i plan to buy a HUB/SWITCH which will be a solution...is it ok...any one knw how 2 configure the HUB/SWITCH...