1:55 to 8:05

• Thread starter Thread starter padmavathi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 3,019

padmavathi

hello friends, I am worried about this.I started downloading at 1:55am and ended at 8:01am.and i downloaded 800MB.What will be the charges.Please reply soon.

hi,it will charged for the data after 8.00 a.m onlymohan

I still dont beleive that they have the right kind of s/w ,h/w for time serversLets wait and watch

boohoo me too, started at 230 am but forgot to stop the download until around 815 PM !!! around 1 GB or so ! boohoo

Why can't BSNL fellows post this info on their web-site and put all doubts to rest. Everyone is living in anxiety just b'coz those incompetent morons are keeping their customers in dark.

Only way to know for sure is wait for your next bill 8-POr keep calling and pestering them with suggestions till they impliment them...eg: Automatically "track" (ignore) downloads between 2am and 8am (just shutdown the metering software during NU usage time), or keep tracking/logging it, just stop/start at 2am and 8am so you get a clean record entry at 2AM and at 8AM in the usage logsbah, if they dont improve and airtel starts offering 512kbps unlimited, IM OFF TO MY NEAREST AIRTEL OFFICE ! hehe

Speed 256 Kbps 2005/10/12 02:40:12 2005/10/12 08:10:12 151325 560567 711892 19800 Shall I stop using the internet for this month now? 🙁(

hi,@padmavathi, if you are lucky that extra time will be within bsnl's 8:00. so no billing then. still people are unclear whether the free usage s existing or not. Bsnl never told that they lifted it. anyway hope for the best.

Originally posted by cnsbsnl@Oct 12 2005, 03:58 PM
hi,

@padmavathi, if you are lucky that extra time will be within bsnl's 8:00. so no billing then. still people are unclear whether the free usage s existing or not. Bsnl never told that they lifted it. anyway hope for the best.
[snapback]28346[/snapback]
[/quote]

C'mon! There are no issues relating to whether there is free usage or not. Free usage is definitely there from 2 am to 8 am for all home users other than HOME 250.

The point of concern is how they would charge if someone downloads whole night and overshoots the free time limit by some time, like 10 minutes in my case.

I transferred about 700 MB from 2:40 am to 8:10 am. So will they charge me for all those 700 odd MBs now(which is about Rs 840)? Or they will take an average and charge me for those 10 extra minutes only?

Someone please confirm. If they charge me for all those 700 MBs, then I am sure this will be the end of broadband experience at my place. 🙁

Originally posted by Positron@Oct 12 2005, 04:27 PM
C'mon! There are no issues relating to whether there is free usage or not. Free usage is definitely there from 2 am to 8 am for all home users other than HOME 250.
[snapback]28354[/snapback]
[/quote]

Who said that was an issue...LOL

Read the prev post carefully before you start typing in haste

Originally posted by abdulrahman004@Oct 12 2005, 05:39 PM
Who said that was an issue...LOL

Read the prev post carefully before you start typing in haste
[snapback]28360[/snapback]
[/quote]

You couldnt answer the query and you are 'LOLing' for no reason. You could have pointed out my mistake rather than mocking. Excuse my bad English comprehension. I am no 'gora'.

What does this line mean for you?:

"still people are unclear whether the free usage s existing or not. Bsnl never told that they lifted it."

Originally posted by Positron@Oct 12 2005, 04:27 PM

The point of concern is how they would charge if someone downloads whole night and overshoots the free time limit by some time, like 10 minutes in my case.
I transferred about 700 MB from 2:40 am to 8:10 am. So will they charge me for all those 700 odd MBs now(which is about Rs 840)? Or they will take an average and charge me for those 10 extra minutes only?
Someone please confirm. If they charge me for all those 700 MBs, then I am sure this will be the end of broadband experience at my place.  🙁
[snapback]28354[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hi

This is paddu.I got my first month bill.And its confirm that they had some sort of softwares to calculate bandwidth between 2:00 to 8:00.My connection started on 9 th september.Because of 9 days loss they deducted and i got 417 Rs bill for september 1 to september 30.So be happy with ur downloads

Wished airtel had its service in mumbai, why are they running aways from mumbai??Oh god please bring AIRTEL to Mumbai....till then I think TATA is good

Originally posted by padmavathi@Oct 13 2005, 03:51 PM
Hi

This is paddu.I got my first month bill.And its confirm that they had some sort of softwares to calculate bandwidth between 2:00 to 8:00.My connection started on 9 th september.Because of 9 days loss they deducted and i got 417 Rs bill for september 1 to september 30.So be happy with ur downloads
[snapback]28489[/snapback]
[/quote]

Good . Even i had a chat with the cc yesterday to ask about this situation. She said that if somebody had exceeded the given time the usage will be calcualted proportinately . Then i asked what if somebdoy downlaoded 200 Mb from 6-8am and left the connection idol till 8:30 . Then going by the proportionate method they will charge 50 Mb for the half an hour exceeded which ideally shudnt be done. For this the lady said that "No sir only data transferred between 6-8 will be takne in account" . I asked whether they had time servers to record for a partciular time she repeated the above statement. I thought it wudnt be wise to ask the same question again so i hung up ;