TRAI to All Operators Set Up Complaint Centre & Toll Free Helpline With In 45 Days

IndianMascot

Addicts
Messages
7,371
Well Vodafone looks quite sincere in that. I conplained them 4 times through sms and got confirmatory call for all 4 complaints.
 

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Messages
10,009
Yeah whichever network i leave, becomes an Angel! As such i have left only VF till now! :D
 

chaibiskutbhai

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,816
Location
Hyderabad
Yeah whichever network i leave, becomes an Angel! As such i have left only VF till now! :D

There is no holy cow. All operators are the same. It is our luck what atrocities we face from them!
 

IndianMascot

Addicts
Messages
7,371
:D I read somewhere that They will provide even Monthly Bill for prepaid subscriber if required @ Rs 50.
 


mgcarley

Founder, Hayai Broadband
Messages
6,298
Another Good News:

Business Line : Industry & Economy / Info-tech : Pre-paid mobile users to get SMS updates on data consumption

Yeah, as Sushubh mentions, this is a horrible horrible idea - I was a "victim" of this myself.

A lot of apps (not all, but enough) don't maintain persistent connections and connect only when they send or receive packets (whether as requested or as they poll, for example, push email apps, chat apps, social networking apps etc) and in some cases I was ending up with as many as 20 SMS's PER MINUTE. That was a frustrating week.

Even getting popups is annoying. I would prefer if they simply notified me when I have for example 10MB left, 1MB left & 100KB left and leave it at that.
 

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Messages
10,009
Ryt. Some system, where they alert us after a fixed amount is used up, or after a fixed amount is left.Say every 5 odd MB they can alert us. But ryt now, even on Idea, i get around 250-300 sms alerts daily. Daily means around 12 odd hours in a day. Coz i switch data network mode "On" at around 8 AM in the morning & switch it off by 8 PM in the night.
 

aviral sangal

Senior
Messages
2,591
Location
Noida
But Airtel is playing dirtiest games with me :(My DND on TATA DOCOMO deactivated for 4th time...just because i am pursuing spam SMS case against them.
 

IndianMascot

Addicts
Messages
7,371
Must Read


Reality behind Poor Customer Service in India !!



The problem is that telecom companies in India work on thin margins and therefore, can allocate only limited resources in a bid to manage costs. There are over 900 million telephone connections in the country but operators get only about Rs 50-100 from nearly 85 per cent of these connections. It's the remaining 15 per cent which really bring in the big bucks. As a result, customer care operations of most companies are struggling to put enough resources together to meet the demands of the huge subscriber base. Airtel, for example, has 180 million mobile subscribers but only 7,500 customer care agents manning call centres across the country.

Therefore, it is no surprise that 16.8 per cent of all complaints registered by the National Consumer Helpline, set up by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs in 2010-11, were related to telecom services. In comparison, complaints related to sectors such as banking, insurance and automobiles were less than 5 per cent of the total. This fiscal has not been any better. The Department of Telecom has already received 41,341 consumer complaints against telecom operators in the seven months to October 31. The actual scale is much larger because the majority of complaints are not registered with any Government agencies.
 

Top