• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account
  •  

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

BSNL Combo 600 Plan Free usage reduced to 750 MB? (August 2013)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 abhishek007

abhishek007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Broadband: BSNL
  • City:Lucknow

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

Just logged in to portal to check my usage details for BBG-FN-HOME-600-COMBO-PLUS-MONTHLY_R plan (2.5 GB day usage and night unlimited) and was shocked to see that the free

usage instead of showing as 2.5 GB is showing as 750 MB!!! I have used about 970 MB till now so the charged usage is showing as 220 MB!

Very shocked and disappointed if BSNL has taken this step which is beyond belief. After waiting for many years, instead of getting a raise in 

the free usage, it has been reduced to more than one third! If other people are using this plan kindly check your portal account to see if there also it is showing 750 MB? If yes then post here and if it is still 2.5 GB then I suppose there must be some issue with the site. Hope it is still 2.5 GB because 750 MB is a joke! Also people might end up getting huge bills this month if they don't know this. Quite shocked by BSNL's shamelessness as they once again made such a huge change without informing the users!

#2 iChaitanya

iChaitanya

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts
  • Broadband: airtel & RCOM
  • City:Pune, India

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:32 PM

BSNL's shamelessness

LOL, you really think they give a damn?

#3 meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts
  • Broadband: BSNL UL 750

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:24 AM

Any source for announcement ?

#4 since92

since92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Broadband: BSNL Broadband
  • City:LUCKNOW

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:42 AM

hey abhishek i have been billed around rs.860 due to this limit of 750

i think its a mistake on behalf of them...

1. turn to page 3 of ur bill

2. look in discount section.. (discounted unit is 0.0 - 728 units@100%)

3. this also happened in july

3. now look for same in previous bills u will find it is 256000 some units discounted

SO IS IT A MISTAKE OR WHAT???

PLZ REPLY i too live in lko...

#5 abhishek007

abhishek007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

Hi, 

I was worrying that my bill will be very high due to this 750 MB error but the bill was calculated correctly and there was nothing charged as far as the broadband usage goes. The plan was also specified correctly in the bill as combo 600. The discounted broadband units part is very confusing so as long as all 100% of the units are discounted, you should not worry about being charged extra. In case additional MB are being charged, it will show up in the bill. Currently in the portal site, my plan is being shown as 500 Combo with 1.5 GB usage! They tried to fix it but again used the wrong profile for my account I guess. That's how good Indian IT companies are. So I am using the internet less now and waiting to see if the bill is right or wrong for this month. All the usage is also being shown wrong in the portal site. 

I think your higher bill is not due to the broadband usage but due to the fact that BSNL has stopped providing free calls to other networks. There are 250 free calls per month still but they only apply to BSNL network. You can contact the accounts officer of your area exchange and file a complaint if you think there is some genuine error in the bill. If you can post a screenshot of page 2 and 3 of your bill then I can help you more. 

• x720 likes this

#6 puneet28

puneet28

InsanE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Broadband: BSN BBG FN Combo 600
  • City:Punjab

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

Posted Image

#7 abhishek007

abhishek007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

Posted Image

Well well well, saw your account screenshot just now Puneet and I am shocked too that in my account it also shows 7680 MB as free usage! That is 7.5 GB! It is showing the plan name correctly as well. I checked it in the morning and it was incorrect. I guess something happened in the last few hours. Although I will not trust this and will not use up the new bandwidth until it is officially confirmed that there has been an increase in the data limit. Currently there is no update on any BSNL site. Hope they don't take away the night unlimited in lieu of this increase, that will be devastating! It is showing the used data absolutely wrong. I have used up 22 GB including night unlimited but it is showing only 1 GB or something like that. Really confusing.

#8 since92

since92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

Hope we all stay connected and share more info

#9 since92

since92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

MY BILL...whats d problem wid usage charge...

1. i think abhi is right bout free (but now not free) calls

2. what does PLUS MONTHLY R mean in the plan name

3. can any1 explain d circled portion in the pg3 of d bill...

will appreciate ur time and effort........ n STAY CONNECTED

http://i39.tinypic.com/2v3g19s.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/2mexrpk.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/1zf3dbc.jpg

#10 since92

since92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

i have gone INSOMNIAC due to this (its 4:40 AM) ... ANYWAYS that day is not far away when my father throws me out of the house due to overcharged bills...ITS ALWAYS 800+ NO MATTER WHAT I DO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users