• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account
  •  

Photo
- - - - -

ICICI Bank wants you to link your bank accounts to your Aadhaar Number

ICICI Bank Aadhaar

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 chromaniac

chromaniac

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 140,391 posts
  • Broadband: BSNL
  • City:Gurgaon

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

As you may be aware, the Government of India is issuing Unique Identification Numbers (Aadhaar Number) to all residents of India through Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).

All government benefits will be routed through the bank account of the beneficiaries, which is linked to Aadhaar / UID number.

You can now link your Aadhaar / UID number to your ICICI Bank Savings Account to avail the benefits of Government subsidies / payments directly into your bank account.

Please visit the nearest ICICI Bank branch with the original Aadhaar / UIDAI card to update your Aadhaar / UID number with ICICI Bank. Kindly visit www.icicibank.com to know your nearest ICICI Bank branch.

We deeply value our relationship with you and look forward to growing it further.

Posted Image

• naveen_reloaded likes this

#2 ankurs

ankurs

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Broadband: Tata

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

how long before all banks make this mandatory  :numbness:

#3 chromaniac

chromaniac

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 140,391 posts
  • City:Gurgaon

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

I do not see it to be mandatory. The focus is on government scheme beneficiaries. 

#4 Navjot Singh

Navjot Singh

R'as al Ghul

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Broadband: MTNL
  • City:Delhi

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

Even HDFC came out with exact same mailer.

#5 ankurs

ankurs

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Broadband: Tata

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

I do not see it to be mandatory. The focus is on government scheme beneficiaries. 

who wouldn't want the subsidy ? isn't all kind of subsidy going cash transfer, example lpg subsidy 

once majority gets uid, whats stopping them to make it mandatory ? 

enter one number & you will get entire history of an individual  :pray: , which gov wouldn't like that 

• zerosleeping likes this

#6 naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

>

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

IIRC , only few months back many banks opposed such move. I am not sure if ICICI was part of it.

#7 rajadeep

rajadeep

Regular

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Broadband: MTNL 849NU
  • City:Mumbai

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:12 AM

It is not compulsory... They are legally required to provide this option to their customers... Weather u attach it or not is totally up to u...

#8 Humanoid

Humanoid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Broadband: Airtel 2MB/s Freedom Rs 2999

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:22 AM

Govt wants aadhar cards linked with bank accounts, so it gets easier for them to provide various subsidies to the masses. Personally, as a banker, I don't want aadhar cards to be treated as KYC documents as of yet. Too many inconsistancies.

#9 SVK

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,062 posts
  • Broadband: Photon
  • City:svknet.wordpress.com

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:03 AM

Can we link Aadhar number to all Bank accounts we have? I have account in 3 banks, but I think linking Aadhar number with 1 number would be sufficient?

#10 rajadeep

rajadeep

Regular

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Broadband: MTNL 849NU
  • City:Mumbai

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:45 AM

I am pretty sure u can link aadhar to only one acct... If the acct gets closed or whatever I am sure there will be a way to change it to another acct... But linking it to multiple accts does not seem possible yet... On the other hand I would think that the ultimate goal of aadhar would be to be a kind of all in one information data bank a bit like social security number in the US or SIN number in canada... I would think in the long term all ur accts would be automatically to ur aadhar card along with other things like pan card...
  • SVK likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ICICI Bank, Aadhaar

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users