• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account
  •  

Photo
- - - - -

TP-LINK TD-8817 ADSL2+ Ethernet/USB Wired with Modem Router

TP-LINK BSNL Broadband Modem BSNL Broadband BSNL

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 chromaniac

chromaniac

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 140,844 posts
  • Broadband: BSNL
  • City:Gurgaon

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:13 AM

Flipkart Price: Rs. 938

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  Posted Image
  • iChaitanya and dewersafite like this

#2 mega_processor

mega_processor

Has opinons on everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Broadband: five networks
  • City:mumbai

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:36 AM

sounds like a good deal,i am interested in USB feature report....

#3 chromaniac

chromaniac

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 140,844 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

I never found the need to connect the modem to the computer using USB. Both Airtel and BSNL model have the same feature. 

I think this is from the days when computer shipped without lan cards. Onboard LAN cards were not very popular 'once upon a time' :D 

About the modem... 

1. No noise. BSNL modem made a continues hissing sound. I am assuming that mine was a defective unit. 

2. Connection time is same as BSNL model. Probably more. Took a long time to connect. 

#4 mega_processor

mega_processor

Has opinons on everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Broadband: five networks
  • City:mumbai

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:42 AM

I never found the need to connect the modem to the computer using USB. Both Airtel and BSNL model have the same feature. 

I think this is from the days when computer shipped without lan cards. Onboard LAN cards were not very popular 'once upon a time' :D

ok.but back in the days i remember some dlink models used to give trouble configuring when connected via USB,so i wanted to know if tplink is doing well or not...

#5 chromaniac

chromaniac

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 140,844 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:44 AM

Genuine Question

What do I do with BSNL modem? I can return it to the exchange to remove the 50 rupee charge they add to my bill as rental for the piece of crap. But the bigger question is... What happens if there are any issues with my line? Would the BSNL guys escape the blame by putting it all on the third party modem I am using? Should I keep it for backup sake? 

ok.but back in the days i remember some dlink models used to give trouble configuring when connected via USB,so i wanted to know if tplink is doing well or not...

Please god no. I do not want to go through the trouble of connecting and configuring it through the USB port. Especially considering I am on Windows 8 64bit. I really doubt they would have drivers for this operating system. 

#6 x720

x720

Incoherent Poster

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,193 posts
  • Broadband: BSNL [FTTH/DSL], MTNL
  • City:Gurgaon | Mumbai

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:56 AM

Nope. I've been using a third party modem for as long as I've had the connection (no one ever came to set it up, I was just given the username, iirc) The one time (out of many :P) I faced latency issues with my line, someone came over, had a look, had some changes made in their back end. So, it doesn't matter which modem you use.

#7 chromaniac

chromaniac

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 140,844 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:01 AM

alright. i guess i need to write an application and visit the south city exchange. what do i write? :D 

just created one quickie. looks alright? 

#8 x720

x720

Incoherent Poster

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,193 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:09 AM

AFAIK. It needs to be addressed to The Accounts Officer BSNL Gurgaon Telecom District. In any case, take two copies or a handwritten letter :P

#9 chromaniac

chromaniac

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 140,844 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:13 AM

lol. it would take me like 2 hours to write this application by hand correctly. :D 

updated the google doc. 

#10 x720

x720

Incoherent Poster

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,193 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:27 AM

Change subject to - Return of BSNL supplied modem. Perhaps? Lest they create a work order to discontinue your bb service. Other than that looks fine. Also, to be on the safe side, take another copy addressed to the exchange gm.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TP-LINK, BSNL Broadband Modem, BSNL Broadband, BSNL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users