• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account
  •  

Photo
- - - - -

How many Airtel 3G 9 rupee packs can you activate in 1 day?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 chromaniac

chromaniac

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 142,684 posts
  • Broadband: BSNL
  • City:Gurgaon

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

I get this problem every month when my plan expires. And I end up using a lot of bandwidth at regular rates. From this month, I am going to disable data on the phone at around midnight and wait for the evening before recharging again. Annoying that I cannot set the plan I like on auto-renew. 

#42 gunturboy26

gunturboy26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

Guys, currently i'm FUPed, few days ago i activated 9Rs pack, at the end i got only 7KBps speeds. Whats the procedure to activate it after i send request to them? I mean should i switch off and restart etc.,?

I contacted Airtel Customer Care, but they did not resolve the problem. 4/5 times, i'm with Airtel because of good network. Customer Care Executives Suck to the core. Never had such experience even in Government Office.

Looks like, the pack did not get activated. Did you get the confirmed activation message - it is the last message you get from airtel. Only after that you get 3G speed.

If you are using data card, what is the card showing 3G or 2G?

Don't remember but a couple of days back, i received the pack activation message, i don't remember if i got or not, justed pressed the end key on mobile, then connected with data card but i got only 2G.

So i can say, unless you get the final message that your 9 rupee plan or pack has been activated, you wont get the speed.

mines a prepaid sim. Not even 2G speeds actually, i get 7 KBps as download speed. What speed do you normally get when no 3g pack is activated? I currently have dual settings, WCDMA/GSM.

Posted Image

Though my place is not listed in 3G cities, i still get 3G speeds like 600KBPS or so with 9 rupee pack.

#43 mreccentric

mreccentric

Addict

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
  • Broadband: Airtel / Hathway
  • City:India

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:07 AM

I got a message saying that my number is 3G activated, after that when i again sent a 3g to 121, it showed/smsed me the plans. Even after activating 3g (no plan) i got only normal 2g speed. I get only normal 2g speeds when no plan is active.   i dont have a data card.   one thing, is that because i 'rooted' and 'unrooted' my android? Should i use internet on computer or smartphone? When under 3G Pack (to work).

#44 sahibunlimited

sahibunlimited

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Broadband: Tikona
  • City:Nagpur, India

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:57 AM

I got a message saying that my number is 3G activated, after that when i again sent a 3g to 121, it showed/smsed me the plans. Even after activating 3g (no plan) i got only normal 2g speed. I get only normal 2g speeds when no plan is active.   i dont have a data card.   one thing, is that because i 'rooted' and 'unrooted' my android? Should i use internet on computer or smartphone? When under 3G Pack (to work).

Rooting has nothing to do with your internet speeds

#45 mreccentric

mreccentric

Addict

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:02 AM

Rooting has nothing to do with your internet speeds

Because i had installed droidwall after rooting.

#46 gunturboy26

gunturboy26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

So you are not activating 3G by sms. Why dont you try that, maybe it would work.

Send 3G to 121 and follow the steps.

#47 gunturboy26

gunturboy26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

Ok, so you have sent the 3G message to 121.

But activating 3G on phone and activating a plan are different. You said even after 3G no plan, you got normal 2G speed, so you did not activate a 3G plan?

#48 mreccentric

mreccentric

Addict

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

Ok, so you have sent the 3G message to 121.

But activating 3G on phone and activating a plan are different. You said even after 3G no plan, you got normal 2G speed, so you did not activate a 3G plan?

Yes, but if keep moving to the previous posts you'll understand the problem. I had activated the plan, but it did not get activated. But, since i activated 3G, i should get 3G speeds even with no plan (zero rental plan).

#49 gunturboy26

gunturboy26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

Yes, but if keep moving to the previous posts you'll understand the problem. I had activated the plan, but it did not get activated. But, since i activated 3G, i should get 3G speeds even with no plan (zero rental plan).

Ok, read them.

So you activated a 9 rupees pack and you got confirmation sms that your pack has been activated?

Does zero rental plan mean, you pay as you use, that plan?

I don't use phone for connecting, so i think i cannot understand your problem completely.

#50 mreccentric

mreccentric

Addict

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:39 AM

Ok, read them.

So you activated a 9 rupees pack and you got confirmation sms that your pack has been activated?

Does zero rental plan mean, you pay as you use, that plan?

I don't use phone for connecting, so i think i cannot understand your problem completely.

Exactly, Zero rental means Pay as you use Plan 3ps / 10 KB . Anyway, Airtel couldn't solve the problem. I also dont know why pay as you use plan is not activated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users