• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account
  •  

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

MTNL FTTH In Mumbai

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 joels

joels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Broadband: mtnl
  • City:Bombay

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

Does anyone know where in mumbai is the mtnl FTTH available? and the tariff for the same?

#2 x720

x720

Incoherent Poster

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,193 posts
  • Broadband: BSNL [FTTH/DSL], MTNL
  • City:Gurgaon | Mumbai

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

Cant seem to find any info on the website. All pages referring to ftth turn up as 404s

#3 joels

joels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Broadband: mtnl
  • City:Bombay

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

I've mailed them and called also but still there is no reply from their side as of..i think they have withdrawn the plans well fingers crossed hoping for the best...

#4 socrates

socrates

Retired

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts
  • Broadband: MTNL
  • City:Nowhere

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:07 AM

There is nothing on their website, questions about it asked on FB get ignored & checking out with senior staff at Prabhadevi get replies that its currently given only to 'BIG' customers read businesses who need the bandwidth & are willing to pay for it. I was told 'couple of lakhs' examples given were some travel agencies in that area. The then MD in 2008 had said they would start laying fiber cable to housing societies starting Dec 2009 but I have not seen any action on that front.

#5 ace_neo

ace_neo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Broadband: MTNL NU 849

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

I think MTNL do not have funds to deploy FTTH right now and looking at exorbitant price of plans. They will currently offer to small to medium business as big corporates wont take service from MTNL. Future is bleak right now. In Mumbai, I think wireless broadband will sustain as to have backbone of fiber to large scale customers. Eagerly waiting for Reliance Infotel 4G launch in Mumbai. Definitely need broadband revolution to take place. :)

#6 PanZeR008

PanZeR008

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Broadband: MTNL Triband ADSL2+ 8Mbps 1690
  • City:Mumbai

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:09 AM

I searched MTNL Mumbai site for the link:

FTTH

#7 kreacher10

kreacher10

Regular

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Broadband: DSL 599

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

Seems to have been uploaded recently
http://i.imgur.com/F7MhZ.jpg

#8 kreacher10

kreacher10

Regular

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:18 AM

Looks like a page developed but not integrated properly with the site as FTTH is probably not ready to be implemented yet. They are still trying to milk FTTH. :mad::eek::rofl:

#9 PanZeR008

PanZeR008

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Broadband: MTNL Triband ADSL2+ 8Mbps 1690
  • City:Mumbai

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:44 AM

Atleast they r offering 10Mbps speeds...... I thought 2 or 4 Mbps looking at launch news........ Anyways it will probably take long time to get implemented in western suburbs..... I am on UL 1333 atm...... so if they hav a plan costing Rs.1500 10Mbps with 100GB FUP, I will probably go for it.....

#10 kreacher10

kreacher10

Regular

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

Afaik it was launched some time last year. There were some reports then it died down (as usual)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users