• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account
  •  

Photo
- - - - -

Need help in configuring TP-link WR740N wireless router with MTNL triband!!

wr740n

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 RaghuJamwal

RaghuJamwal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Broadband: ASDL (MTNL)

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:31 AM

Hi, I recently purchased the TP-link wireless router (WR740N) from flipkart, so I could have a wireless internet connection for my laptop; however, I'm getting error configuring the device. It fails at the last step of the configuration wizard, "Confirm Settings". The error I get is: "Failed to verify Router settings:" 1. Please check the WAN connection type and parameters. 2. Please check your network connectivity type and retry." When I remove the router, the connection with ADSL router works fine. When I go into the router setup page (192.1.0.1), I cannot see anything under WAN settings except the MAC address. All the fields are 0.0.0.0 Apart from this, I have no clue what else could be wrong!! As far as I know, the username for MTNL is your phone no. and password is the customer no., which I have put in. I also tried to confirm with MTNL at 1504 but there's no option to speak with a human anymore. All they can give you is a silly docket no.!!! The less I talk about the TP-link support, the better. Their tech support does not work. They have given the support number just to show that they provide support, you cannot speak to anyone and then they disconnect! Please help!!!!!

#2 RaghuJamwal

RaghuJamwal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

Hi,

I recently purchased the TP-link wireless router (WR740N) from flipkart, so I could have a wireless internet connection for my laptop; however, I'm getting error configuring the device. It fails at the last step of the configuration wizard, "Confirm Settings".

The error I get is:
"Failed to verify Router settings:"
1. Please check the WAN connection type and parameters.
2. Please check your network connectivity type and retry."

When I remove the router, the connection with ADSL router works fine.

When I go into the router setup page (192.1.0.1), I cannot see anything under WAN settings except the MAC address. All the fields are 0.0.0.0

Apart from this, I have no clue what else could be wrong!!

As far as I know, the username for MTNL is your phone no. and password is the customer no., which I have put in. I also tried to confirm with MTNL at 1504 but there's no option to speak with a human anymore. All they can give you is a silly docket no.!!!

The less I talk about the TP-link support, the better. Their tech support does not work. They have given the support number just to show that they provide support, you cannot speak to anyone and then they disconnect!

Please help!!!!!

Would sure appriciate anyone chipping in.... 100 views and 0 replies!! :(

#3 SuperGogeta

SuperGogeta

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Broadband: No,I have airtel 2G plan.In need of Broadband

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

I have no idea of this sorta stuff but just a tip.Anything that includes more that 2 paragraphs(about 10 lines) won't be read in full lol.

#4 kreacher10

kreacher10

Regular

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Broadband: DSL 599

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

Have you tried referring to the user guide available on their site TL-WR740N - Welcome to TP-LINK -> Download -> Document.
I suggest you dont use MAC filter at the first stage you can do that later on. If you are new to all this then i suggest you have a look at my friends blog Socrates where he has shown configuration of some modem/routers & lots of info too

#5 Sid

Sid

Sid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts
  • Broadband: Tikona
  • City:BlackHole

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

i use tplinklogin.net to configure the router.

In windows 7 it was easy with tikona broadband.

Just had to put the PIN number (pasted on the router) in windows 7 (when i connected the router 1st time), then just typed the login page of tikona to enter credentials. Just that, later one can configure security settings.

#6 Kihtrak

Kihtrak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Broadband: ACT
  • City:Chennai

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

Please attach the Screenshot from the Wan Tab in the router configuration page and also mention whether its a V1 or V2 router.

#7 kreacher10

kreacher10

Regular

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Broadband: DSL 599

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

@sid_21m Yes that's mentioned in the user guide as well :D

#8 Sid

Sid

Sid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts
  • Broadband: Tikona
  • City:BlackHole

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

Never read that lol

#9 RaghuJamwal

RaghuJamwal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:47 PM

Thanks for all your replies. Very much appreciated!! Let me also tell you something about my setup. I have a WinXP PC which is connected to the MTNL Dlink ADSL router, and I'm trying to configure the TPlink wireless router from that machine. Is this the right way to do it? I have done all the connection as specified in the TP link user guide. The WAN is connected to the the ADSL router and the wireless router is connected directly to the PC through LAN. I will try the lhelpful links provided and let you know about the results.

#10 RaghuJamwal

RaghuJamwal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:47 AM

Thanks for all your replies. Very much appreciated!!

Let me also tell you something about my setup. I have a WinXP PC which is connected to the MTNL Dlink ADSL router, and I'm trying to configure the TPlink wireless router from that machine. Is this the right way to do it? I have done all the connection as specified in the TP link user guide. The WAN is connected to the the ADSL router and the wireless router is connected directly to the PC through LAN.

I will try the lhelpful links provided and let you know about the results.

Hey I'm able to connect now!!! :)

Had to clone the MAC... I don't know why!!!

Many thanks to all who chipped in!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users