Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:46 AM
Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:16 AM
Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:26 PM
in middle page
enter your user id ( without data one .in
enter PW for above
Web mail opens. Just now tested.
have you set up Id in OE or outlook with smma nmma etc ?
does it work here ?
( see settinga in bottom of above link for OE settings )
Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:40 PM
Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:35 PM
I have not configured any mail client.
I tried logging with the same id i use for dataone account usage check,does not work !
In Dataone WebMail
end of page " configure a mail client. try on OE
send a test message with @dataone .in
cc to xxxx @dataone.in
( Not needed to check in webmail site )
For users with IP 59.xx.xx.xx
userID PW which we use for connecting to Internet
is valid for portal check and web mail.
From where you got usage portal ID ?
Check your IP.
What Is My IP Address? Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more...
Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:40 AM
The OE configuration is a bit ambiguous,the server addresses are weird.Can you please send me the precise settings.
Secondly I don't have a portal id, just a username and password to check my usage !
Also just to clarify,the webmail username and password has to the same as the one I use for account usage check or are anyone the two set as defualt by Dataone webmail !
Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:32 PM
2. Click on Mail --> Click on Add -- Click on Mail
3. Fill - Display Name: e.g. A K Sharma
4. Click on Next --> Fill - E-mail address: e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Click on Next --> Select My Incoming Mail Server is a POP3 Server
6. Fill - Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: e.g.
as allotted by Node-Incharge (*YOU CAN TRY ONE BY ONE )
tRY iNCOMING FIRST BY SENDING MAIL from other email address.
7. Fill Outgoing mail (SMTP) Server: e.g.
nmra.dataone.in ( * yOU CAN USE/TRY ANY ONE)
8. Click on Next --> Fill - Account name: e.g. email@example.com
9. Un-tick Remember password --> Click on Next
10. Click on Finish --> Select the Account --> Click on Properties --> Click on Servers
11. Tick My Server requires authentication --> Click on Settings
12. Ensure that Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected
13. Click on OK --> Click on Apply --> Click on OK --> Click on Close
Try SENDING MAIL TO OTHER EMAIL id MAKE cc TO @ DATAONE.IN
REPORT WHAT ERROR MESSAGE YOU GET.
Id rejected password rejected etc.
As of now you have ONLY ONE SET userID and PW:
to apply for connecting to Internet
to check your Usage
to send and receive Email in OE/Outlook
to access Bsnl web site web mail.
Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:33 PM
Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:44 PM
mm stay away from outlook/outlook express/ windows live mail / etc.
stick with mozilla thunderbird.
User wants to access webmail portal of BSNL at Dataone WebMail
trying OE/Outlook etc to check whether he can use abcd @ dataone.in
Choice of email client left to user.
ePrompter Free eMail Notification Software
can use 12 emailID's receive & send ( sent messages not saved )
Which Email Id you are using now @ yahoo.co.in Or @ hotmail.com or @ rediff.com etc.
FORUM CLOCK RACING AHEAD ! PLEASE CORRECT
All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:22 PM.
Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.0.3
MY CLOCK 6.53 pm
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users