ZTE OX253P Outdoor CPE Always On Firmware

• Thread starter Thread starter Kumar D
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 48,948
ISP
BSNL Wimax
Hi All,
I recently got BSNL Wimax connection and its working great. The only problem is that everytime the CPE reboots I have to visit the web page and click 'Connect' button to login. Some one mentioned about Always firmware for the CPE which will alllow PPPoE login so that my wifi router can connect to Internet on its own and I dont have to go through the web login.

I usually stay away from home and my parents are not that tech savvy to login using the web form. I got the Internet connection so that I can video call them via Skype on a Nexus 7 tablet. Once my router can autoconnect to Internet then all my parents need to do is accept call on the tablet and keep it charged.

So you see having to login manually totally disables the purpose of installing Internet for my parents. Kindly suggest me the suitable firmware for my CPE.

CPE Details:
Login Page:
Login_Page.jpg

System Information:
System_Information.jpg

Brand: ZTE
Model: OX253P
Internet login page: http://192.168.1.1/html/connect.asp

Wifi Router:
Brand: TP-Link
Model: WR740N

Thanks 🙂

hi I do have the firmware with me . Send me your contact mail so that i can mail it .I hope you can upgrade and configure it.. the steps are simple

1. log in using admin/admin as user /password
2.Select advanced setup
3. Select Advance settings--- System Configuration-- Firmware--
4. Then choose the file . click upgrade..
5. It will take some time to reboot.
6. After rebooting the try to log on using admin/1234 ( if not possible with admin/admin)
7. Select apply for certificate .
8. again go to advanced setup
9. select wan configuration
10. enter your wimax username and password
11. click apply.. wait for a return page.
12.again select next tab (here you have to enter the freq.. ask your customer care what the frequency is .. generally it should start with 2637500,2642500,2647500,2652500 etc increment 5000..last enter the bandwidth as 5000.. save .. wait for return page.
13.again go to system configuration select restart..that much
14.Keep in mind that do not power off during upgradation. also check for the correct freq, which you enter in the table.
The firmware & procedure is explained here is tested and working fine for kerala circle
if u have any prob mail me on kbipinmohan@gmail.com

https://sites.google.com/site/bsnlkeralahelp/370BXG012222010A_1245.bin
Source

regds
bipin

Hi
i forgot to mention about your wifi router.. if its ip address is also 192.168.1.1 then change ur router ip address to 192.168.1.100(or whichever you like). also disable DHCP. if you are getting connection with dhcp enabled then ok. if else do as explained above

bipin

Hi,
Thanks a lot for the help. I am away from home and cannot test it now.

My router is in different range than the CPE. Can you tell me little about the firmware. Does it have PPPoE support such that the CPE will auto connect or I need to connect using router?

Thanks

hi

the firmware supports pppoe. i have tested it . I have given more than 20 wimax connection my self with this firmware. But the Zte CPE is always a headache. Try to get ICOMM or PointRed Max CPE from your BSNL office. Thanks for mailing.. BIPIN

I just uploaded the firmware and boom it auto connected. Even the settings retained and I didn't need to move a finger.

Just plain awesome.

Thanks a ton Bipin, this has been such a great help.

Hi Bipin
I installed the firmware as per your instructions. ..but am unable to connect.
Please guide......I am not using any router.
Step 7. Apply for certificate
Did not come as an option....

Last edited:
hi

After installation the wimax will reboot automatically

close the browser and open the page again.
it will ask for username /password

then follow the above steps.. ok