wifi modem provided by delhi mtnl

• Thread starter Thread starter dock_tom
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 20,337

dock_tom

ISP
mtnl
Hi I want to shift from my current adsl router to wifi modem provided by mtnl delhi. But first I want to know from current users that how many ethernet ports are there in wifi router provided by mtnl so that I can connect my pc and laptop at the same time?? also what is the difference between Type II and IV wifi modem as mentioned on mtnl delhi website??and how much I will have to pay initially for migrating to wifi modem??Thanks

1. Depends upon what kind of router you buy....2. Most laptops are Wi-Fi enables so why do you want to connect it to the modem via an ethernet port 😕😕3. Type II - 1 LAN + WifiType IV - 4 ethernet ports + Wifi4. To migrate u have to pay 800 + 300 onetime and after that Rs. 75 every month for the modem

If u are already renting a router from MTNL, u have to pay Rs 300 upfront and Rs 75 pm instead of Rs 50 pm u currently pay

Its cheaper in Delhi In Mumbai they charge 150 as rent for the wireless modem+router

even plans are cheaper in Delhi..... we have 849NU...they have the same thing at 749....:madness:....

1. Depends upon what kind of router you buy....
2. Most laptops are Wi-Fi enables so why do you want to connect it to the modem via an ethernet port 😕😕
3. Type II - 1 LAN + Wifi
Type II - 4 ethernet ports + Wifi
4. To migrate u have to pay 800 + 300 onetime and after that Rs. 75 every month for the modem

I need ethernet port for connecting dektop comp and wifi for laptop. Do I have to specify type II or type IV modem while calling mtnl for shifting to wifi modem??

anyone from Delhi who knows how many ethernet ports are there in wifi modem provided by mtnl delhi??

my mistake....rectified my postType II has 1 Ethernet portType IV has 4 Ethernet portsyes you have to specifiy the type of modem....

Hi All, I need help from you all. Currently I am using the MTNL ADSL router for connecting to Interent and subscribed to MTNL Braodband Connection. I now want to Shift to MTNL WIFI BRaodband ConnectionI have the WIFI Modem having 4 Ethernet Port so I do not have to wither Purchase it or rent it out from MTNL.But the Problem is how do I get the Connectin changed from ADSL to WIFI?Can I do it Myself?Or do I still have to Call MTNL People and do the Stuff for me ?And they will also Configure my laptop for connecting to it Accordingly?Please help me out as I need to get it done ASAP

i am confused herei called CC yesterday ,they said no ethernet ports on the wifi modem and asked me to get a wifi lan card in order to connect the desktop to the wifi router

i think there are 2 Wifi modem types which MTNL provides, Type 2 and type 4, in type 2 there is a Ethernet port and in Type 4 there will be 4 Ethernet ports...correct me if am wrong😎