TRAI 2mbps minimum speed

• Thread starter Thread starter SOLIDTR
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 6,649
In 2012, they said 512 kbps & that was sort of implemented in 2014. 1 mbps from 2015 means we can hope for something in 2017-18...

Here is a readymade tweet.

http://j.mp/telecompolicytweet

Whats the use of 2Mbps minimum speed providers can still sell plans like 256kbps unmilted 512kbps etc by calling them narrowband plans the minimum speed is just the minimum speed to call it broadband otherwise a provider could just provide 2mbps FUPed at 5gb after that 512kbps and call it a broadband plan i really dont think this is something worth fighting for.

I think by now all providers have updated their plans to a minimum of 512 kbps. People hope that they make it 2 Mbps. Personally don't see that happening before 2017.

Lets make torrent famous everywhere and let people curse there internet speeds. Then we can hope they implement it early 😀

maybe you can avoid taking plans that are not broadband by definition? just because a cheap plan exist does not mean you should take it and then complain about how bad it is.

The funny part is the sale reps fool commoners saying that it is full unlimited. I am sure it is not their idea.