NBE3Mzk.jpg

wZjnhmn.jpg

vV5hXTa.jpg

M8MoCRZ.jpg

W0ku5la.jpg

cD29ZEG.jpg

FZHRBIb.jpg

Last edited:
sounds like a good deal,i am interested in USB feature report....

I never found the need to connect the modem to the computer using USB. Both Airtel and BSNL model have the same feature.
I think this is from the days when computer shipped without lan cards. Onboard LAN cards were not very popular 'once upon a time' 😀
About the modem...
1. No noise. BSNL modem made a continues hissing sound. I am assuming that mine was a defective unit.
2. Connection time is same as BSNL model. Probably more. Took a long time to connect.

chromaniac said:
I never found the need to connect the modem to the computer using USB. Both Airtel and BSNL model have the same feature.
I think this is from the days when computer shipped without lan cards. Onboard LAN cards were not very popular 'once upon a time' 😀
ok.but back in the days i remember some D-Link models used to give trouble configuring when connected via USB,so i wanted to know if TP-Link is doing well or not...

Genuine Question
What do I do with BSNL modem? I can return it to the exchange to remove the 50 rupee charge they add to my bill as rental for the piece of crap. But the bigger question is... What happens if there are any issues with my line? Would the BSNL guys escape the blame by putting it all on the third party modem I am using? Should I keep it for backup sake?
mega_processor said:
ok.but back in the days i remember some D-Link models used to give trouble configuring when connected via USB,so i wanted to know if TP-Link is doing well or not...
Please god no. I do not want to go through the trouble of connecting and configuring it through the USB port. Especially considering I am on Windows 8 64bit. I really doubt they would have drivers for this operating system.

Nope. I've been using a third party modem for as long as I've had the connection (no one ever came to set it up, I was just given the username, iirc)The one time (out of many 😛) I faced latency issues with my line, someone came over, had a look, had some changes made in their back end. So, it doesn't matter which modem you use.

AFAIK. It needs to be addressed to The Accounts Officer BSNL Gurgaon Telecom District. In any case, take two copies or a handwritten letter 😛

lol. it would take me like 2 hours to write this application by hand correctly. 😀
updated the google doc.

Change subject to - Return of BSNL supplied modem. Perhaps? Lest they create a work order to discontinue your bb service. Other than that looks fine. Also, to be on the safe side, take another copy addressed to the exchange gm.

Righto. I am scared of the same thing. I do not want them to disconnect the connection itself 😀

The issue isn't with disconnecting. When they bring your line back post disconnection, it ll be synced at 3999kbps. That's when the headache will start 😀

well at this point of time downtime of a few hours would create havoc in my mind. i have been avoiding seeing the traffic graphs for the last couple of days. saw it last night. was not nice. 😛
i was considering adding an additional line...
Please note, this application is just for the modem return. I am not applying for my broadband connection disconnection. I repeat, I do not want my connection to be touched. Please read this sentence again.