TP-Link AC750 Wireless Archer C20 Dual Band Router

• Thread starter Thread starter v1rus
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 11,331
I ordered the router via Snapdeal on Fri, 26 Jun, 2015 and it was delivered to me on Sat, 27 Jun, 2015 without paying any premium for expedite shipping.

Router has a decent range and I get signals for both the networks (2.5G & 5G) at almost all the places at my house but I still have dead spots but they are lesser than the previous Asus router I was using.

Sadly all good things end here.

I have to re boot router almost every 14 hours (I check up time before issuing a reboot command and it is always in this range) for internet connection to work.

At random intervals I loose connection with the router and can not ping or connect to the router via http.

My 500Gb toshiba drive is not identified by the router. It was detected once but connection was terminated suddenly and It is not detected any longer.

I am giving TP-Link a benefit of the doubt as this is my first TP-Link device and I have asked snapdeal for a replacement.

PS: 1) I have checked and I seems to be on the latest firmware.
2) I keep my router on 24*7 and it is connected to a UPS.

Update 1:

I received a replacement and the issues persist, it seems to be a problem with the model itself. I am considering returning this and going for a router which has support for 3rd party firmwares.

Last edited:
😢

Do any of you guys know if 3rd party firmwares are available for the router and does flashing 3rd party firmwares void the warranty?

check the open-wrt site? TP-Link i believe is quite open to open source firmwares. and i am guessing since you can install the official build once again, it should be fine?

or maybe not :speechless:

buffalo's last firmware released for my router was actually based on dd-wrt 😛

Never used Open, but it said to be more stable, much more extensible and suited for use via CLI. It does have a web interface, but the one that ships with dd wrt is easier to use.