TataSky Prices OMG!

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 14,327
and if light goes cable will stop and dth will work.........

Power backup can solve that problem. No technology can solve the problem with DTH during heavy cloud cover.

i hear videocon prices are quite low considering the number of hd channels they offer. too lazy to do a comparative study though.

so videocon is around 15% cheaper with more channels. does not look like similar to me. especially when all of them are expected to be paying same prices to the content companies.

I like HBO Hits and Defined. 99 Rs a month to watch new movies in HD without ads in pretty decent. They also show Veep, The Newsroom and True Detective. They also plan to telecast Game of Thrones simultaneously with the new season. Though the amount of censorship in that will probably make it useless.

I bought 32" full hd Led from sansui with 1 yr Subs. total damages 25980/-
Not expensive i my opinion.

Videocon is cheaper, i was on TS HD till last year, switched to D2h this year from Jan, Getting the 21 odd HD channels for a lot less than what i paid to TS. In TS, the HD access fee is the killer. Saving Rs 125 per month on D2h by moving.Also saving monthly on recharge benefits which are better than TS.
I think it would be better to replace my existing TS-HD with Videocon D2H !

I thought of moving to Videocon last year, but the proprietary STB makes moving cost very high. I got two DVRs to replace if I think of moving.