Slow Internet!! Is it only me or everyone else?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ash Ketchum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,324
ISP
BSNL
Hi, I think I have 1500.INR BSNL unlimited plan. I get 200kBps download speed at start of the month or when monthly payment is done, until 7-8G.B is downloaded, after that I get 50-60kBps DL/UL speed for whole month.(1mbps till 6GB after that 512kbps plan).
I was unable to acess internet from last 2 months because my CPU & modem was broke due to thunderstorm. :sob
I got my CPU back a week ago, & I just got new modem & paid the bill of september(My modem got crushed on oct.4) , day before yesterday.
From yesterday morning (Nov.30) my net became ridiculously slow (5-8KB/sec)
04a1FlX.jpg
& oftenly it gets disconnected.🙁
while it is usually supposed to be minimum bandwidth of 50-60kBps DL speed unlimited for my package.
The maximum speed I'm getting right now is 20-25KB/sec.
I'm wondering is it only me? :snooze😛lease Help!!
Regards, Ash.

Have you configured the modem properly ? Download something from Microsoft and check.

Yep, I did. Microsoft takes too much time to load, I tried to load it from a hour & even after hour it still keeps saying loading
it's impossible to download anything :/
Hire's a screenshot of 192.168.1.1
JDQoQsA.jpg

Last edited:
Line condition appears bad. That could be the issue.

Something is way off with the line, just look at the data rate 64 kbps. Hence the transfer is so low < 8 KBps. Start with crimping the wires and cleaning cables heads etc and reconnecting.

Both data rate & max attainable rate should be above 2000 kbps for which snr is too low currently. Get the line checked throughly & replace if required.